Arrested last night

djrwood

Take the punishment, harsh or not.

Phone BASC and ask for advice in handling your renewal application, there is little point in talking to your FEO now as whatever they verbally advise now will be re-visited when you actually apply for your renewal.

Edited by WGD

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you picked the worse night of all to go down prince of wales road . opperation impact was in full flow , double the amount of bobbies , 2 x sniffer dogs and zero tollerance on anything to try and prove a point to clubbers .

➔ Eight people were arrested, for offences ranging from common assault (one), to being drunk and disorderly (five), refusing to leave the area (one) and possession of a controlled drug (one).

➔ Fourteen were issued Section 27 notices banning them from the area for 48 hours while dozens of others were issued with less formal warnings.

➔ The passive drugs dog helped identify 22 positive signals indicating people had traces of drugs on them.

shame they cant controll the numptys better in court rather than a slap on the wrist .

i had 10 years working that road , and have seen it all , inc death . its a shamefull place really when 99% of people just want to have a fun evening .

you forgot the one arrested for pee'ing in the street :yp:

:shaun:

well read the posts mate i think it will be all right lets face it if they give a licence to a guy who could go on the rampage on a plane you got nothing to worry about, but just be grateful it wasn't indecent exposure lol :lol: you may have ended up on a different kind of register

Edited by storme37

My question is will this affect renewing my shotgun license and is it worth contesting the charge in court? They said at the station it wouldn't affect the renewal but wondered if anyone on here had anything similar happen?

Dan

When I took my DSC1, though I don't think it's in the book, the instructor recommended that if you were ever nabbed for drink driving (or any other related arrest/crime), to bring your firearms to your local dealer, transfer them, voluntary turn in your shotgun/firearm Certificate. and then reapply AFTER the legal action has taken its course.

you forgot the one arrested for pee'ing in the street :yp:

:shaun:

He was arrested for drunk and disorderly. Shame that his behaviour was probably dealt with more robustly than normal to:

a) get the figures up

B) set an example

c) get the Supt an arrest

Obviously the higher amount of resources committed to the "operation" meant they would exercise less discretion than normal.

Alright guys?

So I got taken out on the beer with work yesterday to see Norwich play Liverpool. Had a bloody good night and a good few beers. I would say I was drunk but not a disgrace throwing up everywhere. I remember everything what happened.

Basically on the way to the club just after 11 I stopped and had a pee on the side of the road. Got caught by the super intendant and I apologised and said I was out of order and that I would get in a taxi and go home. He wasn't happy with that so called for backup put me in hand cuffs and chucked me in the van. At no point was I abusive or violent, I was more in shock that I was cuffed as it was a first for me.

So got taken from Norwich and locked up in the cells at aylsham. Even when the sergeant was booking me in she couldn't believe they were doing me for drunk and disorderly as she didn't think I was drunk. She started to question whether I should be arrested at all but was told it was under the order of the super intendant so she duly got on with he task of booking me in. I only blew 56 on the breathalyser so obviously wasn't drunk where I had no control. Was in the cells until 4 this morning which was horrible. I was then given an 80 quid fine and a lift back into Norwich.

Don't get me wrong I was out of order peeing in the street and accept that but I am feeling a little hard done by. I don't think a wee was worth the cuffs and cell at all.

My question is will this affect renewing my shotgun license and is it worth contesting the charge in court? They said at the station it wouldn't affect the renewal but wondered if anyone on here had anything similar happen?

Thanks in advance. If your going to respond saying I deserve it for peeing in the street please save your energy as I know how it is

Dan

Tell you what mate, you were lucky to get the lift back !!!!

If peeing in the street was against the law there would be hundreds of people banged up in London every Friday or Saturday night. They closed all the public toilets back in the IRA days. Its a bodily function and therefore cannot be criminalised. It may be antisocial and not a nice thing to do, thats a different matter. I would definitely seek legal advice.

Saw this in the paper, might explain the heavy handed tactics.

skmbtc35312050113470.jpg

We had to do it every Friday and Saturday night in Barnsley town centre. Operation Overkill we called it. We would hang about on the streets watching the totty from 10pm until 2:30am, then just before the nightclubs were due to turn out we'd go off duty. Crazy!

Edited by UKPoacher

For the record the only times I locked anyone up for urinating in the street was after they either gave me the 'Shouldn't you be locking up burglars? anthem which guarantees they won't now get let off by most bobbies I know, or when they gave false details when I was checking them out.

For the record your not one of those traffic cops on TV are you?

If not, maybe you should apply.

:o where do you find these things :lol:

;););)

Actually... I remember something similar from Smokey & the Bandit or Gumball or something of that ilk so went a searchin' Not a bad idea really.. would solve a lot of issues on long motorway journeys!

:lol::lol::lol: Fresh lemonade anyone :lol:

Only in America!!!!!!!

A mate of mine caught a bloke taking a dump in a shop doorway. He told him to clean it up. The bloke looked a bit confused and asked how he could pick it up. After all it was a steaming pile of poo!

My mate handed him 1 latex glove. The drunk bloke put this on then proceeded to try and clean up his mess. After a very short time he had excrement all over his hands and clothes.

That was good enough punishment so he drove off and left him to it.

Now that's just cruel! Funny as hell though! :lol::good:

I can't believe you've never got drunk and had a pee in an alley? I can't say it's a semi regular occurance for me and my mates but it has been done, although I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it in a shop doorway because that's a bit harsh. I tend to head for peoples gardens or car park hedges myself, somewhere it can soak in and not sit on the surface and stink for weeks.

I remember one night in my early twenties when I hopped over a gate into quite a tidy garden. I'd just got my little man out to do the deed and a huge German Shepherd came rushing down the path at me - although I was quite drunk I clearly remember legging it down the garden mid flow, not knowing whether to worry about ******* myself or getting caught by the dog! It was a messy experience that I don't wish to repeat! :oops: