AA Field Diablo ??

PLEDGEY

About 3 years ago i bought 10 tins of AA Field Diablo in .22. I am very pleased with them. I'm now on my last tin and looking to get some more. Thing is, i have heard that AA Field's are now ****. Some people on another site are saying that they have a 1/3 of a tin with damage to the pellets.I'm looking to get another 10 tins, so what do we think good or bad pellet?.

Have you tried firing a damaged pellet? Makes no difference. These target folk have too much time on their hands.

I used to use them and found no problems. That said I didn't examine each one because I have better things to do in my life.

About 3 years ago i bought 10 tins of AA Field Diablo in .22. I am very pleased with them. I'm now on my last tin and looking to get some more. Thing is, i have heard that AA Field's are now ****. Some people on another site are saying that they have a 1/3 of a tin with damage to the pellets.I'm looking to get another 10 tins, so what do we think good or bad pellet?.

interesting! this has just come up in a forum here. The thing is the pellets are brilliant, but yeah i've had a number that have been bent out of all proportion. also i had a few .22s in a .177 tin! i must confess i've moved over to H&N's. the grouping isn't quite as good, but the quality of the pellets seem much higher. Hope that helps!

what are you using them for ?? i have used them,, but for hunting and accuracy i have found the best pellets for me have been the daystate rangemaster high energy in 15 grain they are deadly accurate and at 40yrds with a aas410 i am hitting a 1 inch target every time,,the s410 is sub 12lb i,m not into all this faffle about pellets ,,i just want a pellet that is reliable and accurate and good for hunting/vermin control and the Rangemaster beats the lot in my opinion,,(yes in my opinion) they are a bit expensive tho around £15 to £18 per 500 pellet tin,,,,,hope this helps

cheers evo

I used AA pellets when I had an AT44, all was well, had a few squished pellets, then I had a tin of which over 10% were unusable. Not too bad? Then the next tin 20-30% were squashed so damned flat I could not get them in the magazine. Tried another tin from the same shop, these tins were all perfect, no dints, creases, anything. Once again 20-30% were unusable! Tried pellets from another shop, same again, swapped to Crosmans, not had a bad pellet since!

Trouble is when the pellets are so misshapen you cannot get them in the damned breech and yes I had tins of Air Arms with pellets in like that...

Agree with you there Mr Mole, I'm only talking of slight dinks and misshapen skirts but as a rule I do seem to find more AA's that are unusable compared to JSB's

buy 1 tin and if they work well go back and get the other 9 tins

colin

I sometimes think that all this needs putting into context, we pay on average about 0.015 pence per pellet, less if you buy in bulk, does it really matter when you throw a few away, they're a consumable product after all, bet no one thinks I've just wasted a pellet on a missed shot or zeroing a scope! Buy a pint of maggots and you inevitably have some dead un's, buy a dozen eggs and I'll be surprised if one isn't a little bloody, a bag of spuds with some 'not so good' ones at the bottom of the bag, loaf of bread that has a dry slice under the crust and we never to get to finish before the mould takes hold!!

Are we just moaning for moaning's sake, they say we vote with our feet as we, being British, don't like to moan at a face to face basis - but when you get a good pellet, we still buy it :rolleyes:

Time to stop being Victors and put some lead in your rifle :good:

Aaz, if you throw 30% of one tin of 500 pellets away, that is 150 shots gone for a tit! Now these things are £13 odd a tin in .22, some of us do not buy in bulk. That is £3.90 gone for a burton. That is a pint that is! Not good. Really bad.

Crosman pellets, work just as well in my gun, £8.40 for a tin, no bad pellets in 11 months of shooting them, not one unusable. Highly accurate, much better quality. That is what I call a result! I am not being a Victor, I found the solution and it is Aemrican!!!

Buy Crosman!

Guest kpr1969

Aaz, if you throw 30% of one tin of 500 pellets away, that is 150 shots gone for a tit! Now these things are £13 odd a tin in .22, some of us do not buy in bulk. That is £3.90 gone for a burton. That is a pint that is! Not good. Really bad.

Crosman pellets, work just as well in my gun, £8.40 for a tin, no bad pellets in 11 months of shooting them, not one unusable. Highly accurate, much better quality. That is what I call a result! I am not being a Victor, I found the solution and it is Aemrican!!!

Buy Crosman!

where do you get your crosmans Mr Mole?

Buy Crosman!

Them some expensive pubs in Cosgrove Hall :lol: - I agree with you about 30% being binned but I've never had that sort of number of rejects from AA fields, maybe I is lucky :D

Are you talking of these Crossmans, I have a tin but not really given them a chance yet, maybe I should at £5.50 a tin?

domed-7-9g-dome_654C45E0_std.jpg