AA Field Diablo ??

PLEDGEY

Them some expensive pubs in Cosgrove Hall :lol: - I agree with you about 30% being binned but I've never had that sort of number of rejects from AA fields, maybe I is lucky :D

Are you talking of these Crossmans, I have a tin but not really given them a chance yet, maybe I should at £5.50 a tin?

domed-7-9g-dome_654C45E0_std.jpg

:hmm: Dont know where you Guys are buying these AA,s with high % of rejects from,i am on my 4th tin since Febuary and i have got to be totally honest and say that out of them all i have only noticed a few disfigured pelets that could not have been phyisically forced into the chamber,there must be a bad batch being distributed about the country,just hope they dont find their way to my RFD :lol:

interesting! this has just come up in a forum here. The thing is the pellets are brilliant, but yeah i've had a number that have been bent out of all proportion. also i had a few .22s in a .177 tin! i must confess i've moved over to H&N's. the grouping isn't quite as good, but the quality of the pellets seem much higher. Hope that helps!

Thats a odd statement surely your better using the pellet that groupd better ,damaged or not ??

Edited by fenboy

Thats a odd statement surely your better using the pellet that groupd bad ,damaged or not ??

sorry I don't understand? I AM using the pellet that 'grouped bad' - the H&N pellets - because the pellets are better quality; I'm not throwing any away. The grouping difference is marginal, but the perfectly shaped AA's give a better grouping than the H&N's. It's just I'm fed up with having to weed out pellets with flat skirts! As the grouping difference is small I'm happy hunting with the H&N's in the knowledge that, as Secret Agent Mole puts it, I'm saving pint money in wasted pellets!

About 3 years ago i bought 10 tins of AA Field Diablo in .22. I am very pleased with them. I'm now on my last tin and looking to get some more. Thing is, i have heard that AA Field's are now ****. Some people on another site are saying that they have a 1/3 of a tin with damage to the pellets.I'm looking to get another 10 tins, so what do we think good or bad pellet?.

i used to have probs wi them dont know if a rubbish batch but skirts on the pellet damaged would not fit into mag i use super h point r w s now good for ratting and rabbits no probs and cheaper ?

I took a maggie yesterday at about 30yrd with an AA Field .22 which incidentally had a damaged skirt. It is frustrating as they are relatively pricey and is gutting when you pick one out that looks like a squashed hat but they are a fantastic pellet overall, the 5.52 loves my s400 and has even made the SMKalashnikov accurate!

TBH I tend to mix half AA Fields and half RWS S'domes in my pellet pouch when I go out.

where do you get your crosmans Mr Mole?

Philip Webster or Fenland Rural Sports!

I find the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums group very well...

DSC00361.jpg

First shot top left, second, bottom right, .22 grouping 30 meteres, HW100! That is a 10 metre pistol target....

Edited by secretagentmole

Guest kpr1969

Philip Webster or Fenland Rural Sports!

I find the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums group very well...

DSC00361.jpg

First shot top left, second, bottom right, .22 grouping 30 meteres, HW100! That is a 10 metre pistol target....

they look well worth a try...getting quite a few fliers on the AA fields...

is that price over the counter?

sorry I don't understand? I AM using the pellet that 'grouped bad' - the H&N pellets - because the pellets are better quality; I'm not throwing any away. The grouping difference is marginal, but the perfectly shaped AA's give a better grouping than the H&N's. It's just I'm fed up with having to weed out pellets with flat skirts! As the grouping difference is small I'm happy hunting with the H&N's in the knowledge that, as Secret Agent Mole puts it, I'm saving pint money in wasted pellets!

Sorry should read my post first , I meant surely you would be better using the pellet that groups BEST damaged or not , after all accuracy is all when hunting !

Sorry should read my post first , I meant surely you would be better using the pellet that groups BEST damaged or not , after all accuracy is all when hunting !

aha yeah that makes a bit more sense! The difference is marginal as i said; i'd still hit that poor old penny at 35 yds, but the grouping is slightly tighter with AA's. The H&N's are a touch more spread out, but they're still inside the space, and still fine for clean head shots for bunnies.

• 10 months later...

Bought some more AA fields and they are spot on. Been using them for months now and i can't say i have noticed any damaged ones apart from the odd skirt that's a bit iffy. Having said that they still group good enough to be a kill shot on a target zeroed at 30 yrds.

About 3 years ago i bought 10 tins of AA Field Diablo in .22. I am very pleased with them. I'm now on my last tin and looking to get some more. Thing is, i have heard that AA Field's are now ****. Some people on another site are saying that they have a 1/3 of a tin with damage to the pellets.I'm looking to get another 10 tins, so what do we think good or bad pellet?.

These pellets used to be available in 5.50, 5.51 and 5.52. A small label at the bottom of the tin will tell you which you have.

I think I am correct in saying they are only supplied in 5.51 or 5.52 today. But old stock is still to be found.

If you get on with the pellet you have, make sure you order the same size if you are getting another 10 tins.

My Falcon much prefers the 5.51 to the 5.52! :good:

Edited by Dekers

Part of the reason AA pellets get damaged is because they are made from a soft lead compound, most will straighten up if you can load them. Personally I've had no problems with them even if the tin is dented. For my PS and S200 they are the most accurate pellet out there so even if I had to throw a few away I wouldn't worry, the skirt can be realigned with a biro, the head is the important bit.

Don't sacrifice accuracy for the sake of a few pence worth of pellets.

Proof?

A 5 shot group at 35 yards from the Prosport this afternoon with AA fields straight from the tin.

38F99925-7F13-4B06-B290-4B73753F7BE1-5708-0000127B6C67694A_zps8d91719e.jpg

got to agree when a shop close down i bought the 7 tins left on the self cos i was out 4 or5 times a week when i run out i went to green fields and got a tin which was black lid well i can say they were like seconds and didnt group as well as the ole tins i used i only use the 5.52 in AA

interesting! this has just come up in a forum here. The thing is the pellets are brilliant, but yeah i've had a number that have been bent out of all proportion. also i had a few .22s in a .177 tin! i must confess i've moved over to H&N's. the grouping isn't quite as good, but the quality of the pellets seem much higher. Hope that helps!

The grouping isnt quite as good but the quality of the pellet much higher?Better to miss with a high quality pellet than hit the target with a lesser pellet?Dont make sense !