leupold vx -11 3-9x50 or mtc genesis

Deano87

i had the same problem two weeks ago with the same scopes you are on about,i wanted something for my .22 with a ret that had various holdover points for bullet drop.All of the german type scopes dont do those sort of rets unless you look at the ones with mildots which are an arm and a leg,i looked at the leupold with the long range duplex and the mtc with the AMD ret,i choose the mtc.I would say the optics are about the same but you get more scope than you do with the leupold,wheather or not i will use it to its full potential mag wise i dont know but the ret is a cracker.Your only other option i found was the hawke panorama with half mildot ret which has had good reviews.

ATB dave

Genesis every time. I was so impressed with the first one I bought I got a second and plan on getting a third if work picks up again.

Great scope for the money, not made in China. It'll never compete with a German optic but then its not the same money. I will say that its not far off my Duralyt for quality.

I'm not knocking the Leopolds at all as I have no personal experience of them but I do know that the Chap that recommended the Genesis to me used to own several high end Leopolds and sold them after trying the Genesis. They've all now been replaced. It might make a difference that we both use digital night vision add-ons for a great deal of our shooting; we have yet to find a scope that performs as well.

Whilst I have had no personal dealings with either Gary or Sammie from Mtc I can say that as a customer I have found their service to be exemplary, and they have always been both helpful and honest to deal with.

I'm going to stop there as I'm beginning to sound like an Mtc fanboy, which I'm not, I just speak as I find.

Leupold every time. Best warranty out there and good glass for the money. Or (assuming they are still lower priced than Leupold's own brand name) a Redfield. They are the same product, same warranty, but lower price.

I sorry but warranty sucks I sent a vx3 back took 6 months for me to get it back

I have had a few gone back to MTC over the last few years, but then I must have got well over 10 of them from mamba to the Genesis

and any prob its off and back on the gun with in the week after sales and warranty is second to none

as Mick said Genesis all day long

have used them on 243 223 204 never lost zero, plus .17's and the 22lr AMD has plenty of hold over points

then again I changed my leupy MK4 on my 223 for the Genesis and was that pleased I sold the MK4

Edited by Verminator 66

Well, I was out with the Genesis this evening, shot until 8.30pm, no white out, no loss of clarity, image sharp and good light gathering.

I have to say that so far I have sold my Simmons WTC, Burris Fullfield II both essentially because the Genesis works better with my digital night vision add-on. I haven't regretted that choice.

The Genesis is not made in the Optisan factory as with the rest of the MTC range. It's not even made in China. Although the lenses are, just like every other non-German optic, they are polished and the scopes assembled elsewhere.

I can do a light gathering comparison with my Zeiss but that will have to wait till it stops piddling down. That may take a week or two!

Edited by mick miller

Well, I was out with the Genesis this evening, shot until 8.30pm, no white out, no loss of clarity, image sharp and good light gathering.

I have to say that so far I have sold my Simmons WTC, Burris Fullfield II both essentially because the Genesis works better with my digital night vision add-on. I haven't regretted that choice.

The Genesis is not made in the Optisan factory as with the rest of the MTC range. It's not even made in China. Although the lenses are, just like every other non-German optic, they are polished and the scopes assembled elsewhere.

I can do a light gathering comparison with my Zeiss but that will have to wait till it stops piddling down. That may take a week or two!

Um, there are plenty of optics which don't have Chinese glass in them! (the good ones!)

Oh really? Are you 100% sure of that?

Perhaps I should have said virtually every other non-German optic, but I think you'd be surprised how many mid-range manufacturers use Chinese made glass which they polish and coat themselves.

Edited by mick miller

Oh really? Are you 100% sure of that?

Perhaps I should have said virtually every other non-German optic, but I think you'd be surprised how many mid-range manufacturers use Chinese made glass which they polish and coat themselves.

Proof please, by PM if necessary.

Many thanks.

i've just had a look on their website and read up on the genesis, "precision made in korea" apparently and rrp is £350 ish, i don't have a problem with this if it's a good quality scope, some of the hawkes go for this sort of money, but when it comes to the inevitable resale it'll be worth next to nothing, i'm not currently in the market for glass just yet but i wouldn't mind a looky loo for now, let us all know how you get on with it if you buy one please.

cheers,

gram.