zeroing pulsar N550

Jolly

I'm really struggling on this today put 150 rounds through and still was struggling to zero at 50 metres. I could just about get level with the boull but was 4" either side. I would shoot consistantly to a point then adjust the sight and the results were bizzare. If i got the level right the hieght would be ridiculas and vice versa. the site is mounted n a sako quad .22LR and the only adjustments i am making are to the sight.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Have you seen the instructions (assuming they are present on yours) on the side of the mount? Check that the 2 or 3 screws securing the mount to the sight are tight. Even if you find they are, I'd still take them out and apply the thread lock which is what said instructions refer to. OK, if tight this won't be the problem but it is one possibility eliminated. Although not a 550, this problem drove my oppo around the twist until we finally twigged.

Not sure what you mean by the wrong way round.

The Sako mount is 11mm and the pulsar is for weaver (22mm)by mounting the scope direct to the Sako you are 5.5mm off centre. By using a adapter (11mm to 22mm) you should keep the scope central to the action.

I am having a new mount engineered at the moment to keep the scope as low as possible and be able to switch between guns.

If you need more help PM me with a contact number.