Maze clays a new concept!

Apologies for the previous intervention!

Please take a look and express your opinion on what is wrong or good with the maze clays (most likely about the concept)

The videos are not reflecting the true value of the game. We are working on a new presentation!

I ran it successfully for 5 years in Atlanta Ga.

Your opinions are important for me to improve the game!

http://www.mazeclays.com/mazeclays

Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, the videos are not reflecting the full value of the discipline!

From a technical point of view the maze clays has the following advantages over 5-stand or compak:

Due to the mobility of the system:

-the release- safety unit, allow shooters to shoot in safe conditions, upon the established target presentations, from different distances and angles each time the unit is moved!Can accommodate sub gauge shooters and fix chokes shooters alike!

-the target presentations are complex and are different each round , so the shooters get new instances with the same setting!

-the difficulty of the course can be managed in a split of second and can be tailored for beginners and advanced shooters alike.

-Considering the aspect of the difficulty, the maze clays operator can make the game very friendly to novices and challenging for advanced.It can be managed to be harder than FITASC.!

The format of competition:

the new concept has created a new format of competition: the direct challenge!( like in tennis)

the shooters and teams can compete face to face and get eliminated based on the best score!

this format add drama to the competition and challenge the shooters mental preparation!

-different scoring system: the way of shooting the pairs is optional. For a completed true pair, the shooter is awarded with 3 points, for a report

pair 2 points! Based on this consideration, the shooter has to build up a strategy in order to win!

-classification: the skill classification is based on the level at the time of the competition! This system reflects the real value of the shooter in a certain period of time. The competition qualification eliminates the sandbagging !

Revenue:

Due to the flexibility, maze clays attracts a vast variety of shooters!

One round of maze clays is 50 shots.A squad of 6 people shoots a round/50, in 35- 40 min

The record was done by 8 shooters, 400 targets in 35 minutes!

Based on the data recorded on the field the revenue from maze clays was 3-4 times higher than that of the 5 stand!

There it's a natural law: the mobility always it's a step forward over immobility!

I watched the first video and it was some bloke moving a clay trap about intermingled with some shooting.

I have no idea what the concept is.

I understand "tennis" but don't see the similarity.

If someone would like to give me the 2 line summary that would be nice.

berreta: there are two safety windows, one on the left side the other on the right side of the puller.

to simplify,a squad of 2 people shoots, one on the left window the other on the right window!

The left guy shoots a single, the right guy shoots at a different single ,then the left guy shoots upon a pair and then the right guy shoots upon a different pair.After that they change windows the former left guy shoots on the right side window, the former right guy shots on the left side window.

The total targets per station is 6( one each station is a menu) , 3( a single and a pair)at the left window and 3 at the right window! The type of pair is optional the shooter can ask for a true pair( simultaneously)or report pair being rewarded ,when he accomplishes the pair, with 3 points and 2 points for report pair.

Based on his ability and tactics he can make the decision! If he miss one of the targets of a pair his score is recorded as it is 0x,x0, 00.

After the station was accomplished the operator moves the unit to an other station on the field.

In a tournament situation the stations are established by a jury so everybody will shoot upon the same target presentations!

In a recreational situation the operator can manage the difficulty of the course so he can make it affordable for beginners and advanced shooters alike by moving the system closer or farther out from the setting!Of cause he can give different angles upon request! The good thing is that, when the operator moves the unit to an other station, on the new station, the shooter gets a brand new target presentations from the all 6- 8 machines!

Mungler:

the concept of the game is that the release and the safety devices moves together!Because of that, upon a setting( 6-8 traps) the shooter can shoot from different positions on the field and as a result he can get a lot of target presentation! My English is not very good so maybe somebody here can

help me out!

The concept is this: the mobility of the release and safety working together in order to give variety and safety on any place of the field!

The comparison to tennis is this: Because of the two safety windows, you can line up two shooters or teams in a direct challenge, like in tennis!

Based on some criteria you randomly select the pairs( individuals) to face each other on a 3 round 50 targets/round, total 150 targets, challenge! The best out of 3 rounds gets qualified tot he next level of the competition! The rules and regulations are on the way, but this is the new way you have to compete if you want to attract attention from sponsors and public !

Imagine ,King George next to Ben in a direct challenge shooting from any corner of the field from close range as 10 y from the setting and 60 ,70 y from the same setting but different angles, in a in and out situation! Apologies for the other great shooters I may not know!

Let's be honest, I am in the shooting range for over 40 years, all the disciplines are extremely fun to shoot them but not so much to watch them for

many reasons!

Maybe a direct challenge discipline will bring interest to the sport and media!

The game was a result of seeing sporting clays shooters practicing on a skeet field way back from the skeet stations endangering other shooters from the other fields and getting **** from the management!

So, safety was first in my mind and then to give a lot of target presentations on a relative limited shooting field. The game can be setup on a skeet/trap filed or open field!

To have 100% safety , the cart is positioned on each station(9) ,PARALLEL with the line that goes from the skeet high house to the low house!

I this way the gun movement in the window is limited tore the background ,on a 45 degree from the window stick! Of cause no leaning over the window is allowed!

The best safety measure of the maze clays is the position of the operator or referee next to the shooter from where they can supervise any misconduct

of the shooter regarding the safety! If the shooter won't obey the safety rules he will not get the presentation!

In 5 years of running it in Atlanta we never had a safety issue! Everything happens with the gun in the window and gets supervised directly by the operator of the field or the referee!

Lumpy,

Imagine a 5 stand or kompac setting on a skeet field having 6-8 traps.! Right?!

Now , on 5 stand or kompac you got 5 stations( cages) lined up at a certain distances from the setting!

You shoot from the same ranges and angles all the time and any time you shoot a new round you will get a repeated target presentation all the time!

Just for comparison,( maze clays, is much flexible and complex) you shoot the maze clays on a 5-stand or compak field with the same setting as for

those games!

Now, instead of having the fixed cages you got the mobile system, release- safety., that move together from one station to an other!

What is the difference between compak and maze clays?

On the first one you shoot from the same angles and distances upon the target presentations, on the maze clays you can shoot from close range, medium range and long range and different angles from one corner of the field to an other, next to the low house or high house or from the extreme limit of the field!!!

This mobility gives you a lot of target presentations much more than in compact over 9 stations!

Not only that, but if you start the round in different places on the field, you can have different target presentations with a new round!

Can you see the advantages of the maze clays over the fixed games?

Nope still dont get it :no: !! Look's like an accident waiting to happen :o , Leave this one to the yank's i feel :hmm:

My thoughts entirely.

Apologies for the previous intervention!

Please take a look and express your opinion on what is wrong or good with the maze clays (most likely about the concept)

The videos are not reflecting the true value of the game. We are working on a new presentation!

I ran it successfully for 5 years in Atlanta Ga.

Your opinions are important for me to improve the game!

http://www.mazeclays.com/mazeclays

Thank you!

Ok so its set up like the hoops on a FITASC parcours to give you the different angles (tournament situation) with the limited number of traps.

Then you add the head to head perspective but different targets so not really head to head.

I would give it a go, as I like sportrap (similar to 5 stand) but my gut feeling is I would prefer to shoot sportrap or FITASC but if the choice was between Maze clays and skeet then you would have a winner.

timps,thaks for the suggestion!

From the beginning maze clays was not created to compete any of the established games, it came out from the necessity to have a practice field

for sporting clays shooters without to drive hours after work to get to a sporting clay course.

From this reason and accumulating more experience maze clays became a discipline having its own rules and regulations!

Of cause, each game has its on special flavor and that's the reason not everybody shoots the same game.

Each of them have their likeability so adding the maze clays is just adding more fun!

and more:

Mungler, a little sample:

That has to be the most over complicated and bizarre way to shoot a clay I have ever seen. Really cant see the point of it or the benefit it looks like confused skeet at night with a shopping trolley.

I can understand your confusion, but instead of having 5 cages fixed forever on a field and getting repeated target presentations, maze clays has

two safety windows that can be placed all over the field.

Because of that, I can take beginners to close range to get them satisfaction and FITASC guys to a range from where they can practice what they like the most!

The big variety of the target presentations ,from 6-8 machines and the adjustable difficulty of the game made the Maze clays to be frequented

by a vast variety of shooters: beginners, advanced and ,sub gauges people and hunters!

Many times the fields are setup for 12 ga guns so the smaller gauges can't use them properly!

If somebody shows up on the maze clays field with a 28, .410 ga, the operator can manage the shoot from the technical range of those guns!

As may you know, 5 stand ,compac are setup for medium to high skilled level shooters and it's a confident killer for the novices!

On maze clays field all these beginners get satisfaction by walking at a range of their ability!

Regarding the cart, is the best combination of release- safety,score recording apparatus!

Once you shot maze clays, your problem is not the cart, but what is the next surprise target presentations you will on the next station!

Because of its versatility, maze clays made by far more money than 5 stand!

You asked for our opinion. I think you have had a fair few people give it.

Maybe the videos don't do it justice. Maybe your garbled explanation doesn't do it justice. Maybe it needs to be seen, and more importantly, participated in to fully get across the concept.

But personally, as a concept... i'd buy the inflatable dart-board before paying to take part in whatever maze clay shooting is.

Apologies if that comes across as rude - maybe I just 'don't get it'.

huff huff :

I got it, is better for people to shoot it than talk about it!

I got the same attitude like from this forum when I set it up for the first time in Atlanta Ga!

At that time, for good reason, the management accepted "to give a try" to the maze clays!

I setup the maze clays next to the 5 stand so people can choose between the two of them!

At the beginning, I got only open minded people who were willing to try something new!

The other guys just turn their head around and shot only 5 stand.

Long story short, after 3 mounts the management decided to let the maze clays on the field and took out the 5 stand! The revenue from the maze clays was much higher!

I was not very happy because the 5 stand was helping me to show the differences between the two disciplines!

This are facts and I understand you skepticism!!