Maze clays a new concept!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidav said: I still don't see how it's different to a Compak layout

The difference is this: the variety of target presentations is doubled compared to Compak!beside that is flexible to be adjusted for everybody!

Chard said: "NO". Never say no before you try it!

Ani said: "My Brain hurts" are you sure...?

Taxidriver said: Seems way to complicated to be worth the headache :blink:

Some of us just like to go out on a sunday AM and shoot at '80 sporting' and enjoy making a right ol' noise :good: ~"simples"

So ,how do you explain that I beat the 5 stand in 3 mounts! I don't condemn your skepticism,maybe one day you will try it!

Ed Solomons said:"Surely it's exactly the same as old system FITASC but more complicated and slower? Maybe I'm missing something."

ComparinG to FITASC, first, you don't need a horn to give pull signal. The operator is next to the shooter!

second,on maze clays you have 6-8 machines/layout and you shoot from 9 stations! Like speed wise, you shoot a course of FITASC 100 birds in one day,

on the maze clays you can shoot 100 birds ,6 people on the squad, in 80 minutes!

On the maze clays field, 8 people shot 400 targets in 35 minutes walking thru 9 stations! there are two shooters line up and not waiting in row!

I was mentioning that Maze clays can be harder than FITASC, here is why:

-the distances and the angles of the presentations are more challenging due to the multitude of the machines in one field and stations(9)

-you never repeat a target presentation on a station!

-the necessity to shoot true pairs in order to win it's a must if you get challenged!

-the direct challenge put on you more mental pressure than any other game!

In mean time, maze clays can be managed to be easier than skeet by offering less challenging presentations having the same setting!

Edited by Orangeclay

When I read the title I thought it was going to be clays made of maize :D

That would be very eco friendly - you could have grass seed ones as well.

Now before you laugh - there is a company that makes golf tees from grass seed.

In fact they can taylor make them to use the same grass seed as the course that they are being used on.

Now you can laugh :good:

Salopian said: "Exactly what presentation can you do differently that we cannot do already on a skeet layout??? Without having that unsightly, ungainly mobile stand! Perhaps you could get sponsorship from Morrisons and use a shopping trolley. :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Sal, I owe you an answer, so here I go:

Imagine, a 5 stand( US) or compak ( EU)field having 6-9 traps.

Now, take out the 5 cages and you will get a free, open field!

Put the maze clays cart on that field and move it all around from the high house to the back left corner of the field, to the low house, back to the middle of the field and all over where you can imagine!

Any time you move the cart the distances and the angles from those 9 traps are changed!

-Having 8+1 stations 6 targets/ station that never get repeated on a stations,the target presentations are far more than in 5 stand or compac.!

Not only that, you can start the next round anywhere on the field and just keeping the same menu you will get a new set of target presentations!

Regarding the Safety, the two windows are limiting the gun movement tore the back ground so on any station the safety is assured! The puller is in charge to supervise the shooter to respect the menu and the safety rules.So everything is in control!

With a little logic, you will understand that maze clays can offer way much more target presentations than skeet, 5 stand or compak!

Regarding the cart, it can be improved,but right now, is the best way to give variety of target presentation and safety in the same time!

The maze clays can be setup , not necessarily only on a skeet field, but on a open field( on a golf course alike) so the setup can be more challenging, interesting and viewable!

I have already described the other significant advantages of the maze clays over the above classic games!

Just for fun of it, I offer 1000 British pounds for 100 dead targets out of 100, on the maze clays field!

In US, nobody took my money, maybe in UK I get "lucky" :yes:

Moving around:

http://www.losttarget.com/shoots2006/0306mazeclays/default.htm

The open field allows the puller to move the cart on any direction!

As a result, you get a lot of target presentations from the same setting! :good:

Of cause, the wireless system can offer a better mobility, so the presentations can be more divers!

Adding the scoring system , you can get a very challenging and fun game!

Imagine, a wireless system on a beautiful golf course alike range, where the public can fallow easily the action, without to be obstructed by the cages, on which, two competitors(last stage) fight directly by shooting upon the target presentations from any place on the field, ranging from 10 to 60 yards from the setting and from a vast variety of angles,never repeating the same presentations twice! :good:

Of cause , it can be improved and this is the reason I posted here, to get some expert feedback and make it better!

Edited by Orangeclay

You have asked for comments on the concept. You have been repeatedly told it looks like a non-runner. However, you still seem to be passionate about it (well done for that) so i'd suggest your next port of call would be to organise a day where 'maze clays' can be shot. The proof they say, will be in the pudding!

paulos,

the Olympic trap( the extreme of the trap shooting) shot from the sixteen yard line gives you 15 target presentations/ round! 10 are repeated twice and 5 once! All of them are going away from the shooter!

Maze clays has 8+1 station, 50 shots / round, using 6-8 regular traps and a special one ( teal, rabbit etc.)

On each station you shoot upon 6 DIFFERENT target presentation! Adding up 8 stations X 6 target presentations/ station= 48 + 2 on the last station= 50 target presentations!

In one round, a target from a trap machine can have 8 different distances and angles from the shooter. It can be : going away, quartering, incomer, crosser etc over 8 stations!

Using the same setup, any time the shooter changes stations, the target presentations change by distance and angles from all

6-8traps!

- the shooter NEVER repeat a target presentation/ station

- the shooter shoots ,upon the throwing machines presentations, from the left and right side of the field from different distances and angles!

-Each new round can be different from the previous one, because we can start the new round from different stations using the same menu!

- the puller can change, on the spot, the menu cards so you will get brand new combinations with it for a new round!

And, BTW ,you will have the Olympics there, and the sporting clays , the most popular shotgun sport,has not representation ! Why, because sporting clays can't meet the Olympic requirements regarding the shooting course and give to everybody the same chances for training and competitions! Compak, is owned by FITASC and will not be in the Olympics any time soon, and beside that, is a limited game!

Maze clays can meet all the Olympic requirements, and satisfy the most competent sporting or FITASC shooters!

It's a long journey, but the first step is to be accepted by the sporting clays lovers

Now, once you frame it as a "non runner", which means you understood the concept,what is wrong with it , before I may have a chance to demo it!

Edited by Orangeclay

• 4 weeks later...

700 entries at the 2012Euro FITASC championship and much more will be at the World! There is no shotgun sport to bring a such participation! It's time to put it in Olympics ! Why, because one bronze medal in Olympics brings more attention for the general public ,than 20 world titles in FITASC!

Congratulation to King George and the G.B. team!

Edited by Orangeclay

Maze clays can meet all Olympic requirements and ultimately, is far better than FITASC (and any other clay shooting it seems). Probably too late for 2012 but I'm sure it will be in the next Olympics.

So, for all you budding Olympic guns, get down the DIY shop and buy a wheelbarrow. Practice makes perfect...only 4 years to go...