Maze clays a new concept!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean is this: the sporting clays, FITASC, 5 stand type of target presentations are not in the Olympics despite the large number of participants in those disciplines!

Now, paulos got it right:"

"Good luck trying to find a site, close to an Olympic Village, big enough to host an Olympic FITASC shoot. Not to mention making it spectator-friendly and televisable."

Never ever FITASC, sporting clays or compak will make it to the Olympics,for many reasons!

Do the Sporting clays and the FITASC type of clay target shooting deserve to be in the Olympics? I guess, yes!

I just presented a tested concept that can be improved and adjusted!I do not say is the best but...

Do you have other alternatives( concepts) to maze clays, to put the sporting clays and FITASC in the Olympics? :no: This is the question!

I can't wait for your answers!

Edited by Orangeclay

The thing is maze clays is just the same as a FITASC parcours, if you can run one successfully you can run the other, just put a few more hoops out if you want to shoot more than 25 and call it compak FITASC.

It stands a better chance than maze clays for the Olympics as at least other countries outside the USA shoot FITASC.

I don't see how maze clays overcomes any problems FITASC would have and has one major flaw, no one shoots Maze Clays outside a few grounds in the USA.

It is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

As above- old system FITASC with extra hoops has exactly the same effect but without the need to wheel a stand around with you.

I have shot quite a lot in the states at various world championships and have never seen maze clays. However if I wanted to shoot FITASC I would shoot FITASC and if I want a side game I will shoot make a break or a long bird pool.

I suggest you save your effort and concentrate on developing a longer lasting lightbulb.

Gentlemen,

from the beginning I have to tell you that any hoola hoops thing that FITASC uses will not be allowed, because is a FITASC concept! Throwing hoops on a field will nor make a discipline! Compak is owned by FITASC so will not be in the Olympics!

I will not mention the advantages of he maze clays over the compak b/c I just did it in my previous statements!

Considering the above, do you have other concepts of shooting sporting clays and FITASC target presentations other than maze clays to be in the Olympics?

I remember you that maze clays can be managed to be harder than FITASC, especially now, when people shoot skeet scores on FITASC fields!

Edited by Orangeclay

I also still don't get what extra this is meant to bring to clays.

I would suspect that the number of target presentations that would be both safe and shootable from every "stand position" would be limited unless the shooting positions are all on the base line. at which point its mereley the ******* love child of skeet and compac

The only thing i can come up with is that the americans creating a silly game that no one else can see the point of playing so that they can continually win the "world championship" in it -to follow in the wake of of mens netball(basketball) gay armoured rugby (american football), car racing round in a circle(nascar)and american cricket substitute (baseball).

The only things FITASC owns are the names FITASC & Compak, they don't own shooting clays from a hoop, you can always change it to a square mat if it’s an issue. So the point being is you set up a discipline like FITASC which is established and is shot worldwide then call it Olympic Sporting, no issues, job done.

The only advantage of maze clays is the operator can choose where to wheel the cart which by your own admission is set at a fixed point when shooting a tournament situation such as the Olympics so is of no benefit.

The toughness of the shoot is set by the target setter so if he/she sets up a tough maze clays shoot then it stands to reason it will be a tough FITASC, sorry I mean Olympic sporting shoot they set up as well. You say throwing hoops in a field does not make a discipline, neither does putting a couple of plastic tubes on a shopping cart.

Where could I practice maze clay’s ? I am not fussy anywhere in Northern Europe would do for me.

Where could I practice my vision of Olympic Sporting, anywhere where they shoot FITASC would do, same thing just a different name oh & a few more hoops, sorry I mean square mats.

I admire your tenacity but it has no governing body and hardly anyone shoots it, at least my idea of using an existing sport and just changing its name has a modicum of credence.

Neither will work in my opinion but I genuinely think my idea stands a better chance than yours.

Edited by timps

There it's only one conclusion: I ran it 5 years in the States and the people just can't get enough of it, including All Americans!

The imagination is a limited factor to comprehend maze clays, so the live test is the answer!

Maybe one day I can demo it to you and then you can express some objective conclusions!

Thanks for your time!

In your very first post, you asked for opinions. You've had many...generally all of the same ilk. You have had comments and feedback from people very well qualified to answer. Yet you seem very defensive and quite blinkered. If you don't take criticism very well, you shouldn't have asked in the first place.

I said many pages ago, the proof will be in the pudding. Put on an event where this concept can be shot. If it's close to me, I'll definitely come and give it a go. I think this is a case where only experiencing maze clays will change minds (or not).

Edited by huffhuff

There it's only one conclusion: I ran it 5 years in the States and the people just can't get enough of it, including All Americans!

The imagination is a limited factor to comprehend maze clays, so the live test is the answer!

Maybe one day I can demo it to you and then you can express some objective conclusions!

Thanks for your time!

You asked two questions on this thread, like huffhuff in answer to your first question I said a few pages back I would give it a go if it was near me.

In answer to your 2nd question on the Olympics my views still stand no matter if I have shot it or not.

The only unique point of maze clays is the ability of the operator to choose where to put the cart depending on the ability of the shooters shooting at the time, once you have a tournament the cart has to be put in the same place every time for each squad (the targets also in the same order), so it is just like shooting old FITASC with the stands already marked out so it loses all its uniqueness.

Edited by timps

Bill,

For your information, here in the UK we have a company called Promatic (they are also in America) I am sure you have heard of them.

Promatic do a hand held trap release with the facility for eight traps.

We therefore can have and regularly do walk around and release targets from various points on the ground we do not need a cumbersome trolley.

So I think your idea is not a new concept and is dead in the water.

What I do think could be a good discipline is what is known in America as 'Crazy Quail'where a trap is set in a pit forward of the shooting line and the trap (ABT) rotates continually through 360 degrees, thus the targets are completely random from any and every direction. Obviously there are safety issues to be contended with but these are not insurmountable.

It would seem that what you are offering, which is shooting at a large variety of target presenations, I can get at my local clay ground by shooting a 50 bird English Sporting. There I get teal, loopers, rabbits, incomers, out goers, crossers, you name it, we shoot it. However, our stands dont move about and all shooting is down facing in one direction and seems an awful lot safer than wheeling the stands about and shooting in many different directions which may ultimately prove very, very dangerous.

Like others have said, you seem unwilling to accept negative comments on your idea. This makes asking for opinions a bit pointless in the end. If you bring it to the UK I'm sure many PW members will come and try it if its not too far for them. Do let us know if you ever get it to the UK (which is a very different market to the US, try approaching our market in a polycentric manner rather than only reffering its success in the US.)