Linseed today (with new fuds)

ayano3

post-2844-0-38221300-1336409696.jpg

Rhia on her way back

post-2844-0-59942200-1336409721.jpg

Had a count up.

post-2844-0-74454300-1336409750.jpg

Half of the FUD's

Finally got out for a while with the gun, had a while off as my Dad was quite poorly in hospital. I had a call from my farmer and he said the Pigeons were on his Linseed and asked if I was free to have a go at them today. As I purchased 12 FUD's yesterday from Burley Country Fair I thought its a good chance to see how the birds come into them. Well it was not easy as the birds were coming from over my shoulder, some stopping by and some just missing the decoys. I didnt take any rotary etc but just the fuds. They were working fine until it ****** with rain and spoilt the day. But I managed 16 before they didnt play game and I thought enought of this getting soaked through.

nice bag, pity about the rain.

have been out today myself and it was a bit wet!!

you wont need those shells now graham :lol:

If I had gone earlier instead of admiring those bloody decoys on the lawn I may have shot more + I had not picked a gun up for a while and shot like someone blind for the first hour :lol::lol:

I had more time for my FUDs once I'd removed the red metalwork. A kebab stick in the middle does the same job and you get a bit of movement if there's a breeze. A second stick in the tail stops them spinning in a gale. Just an idea and I still go for the shells first...

Good result. :good:

Its hard to tell from the pictures, but is that linseed that has just been drilled, or is it sprouting ?

Its just about 1" out of the ground mate. Had never shot Linseed before but the farmer called to say the Pigeons were hammering it, shame he didnt call until about 11am ! I got there about 11:30 after a rush around and it shot well until the wind stopped and the rain come. Between the rain storms I got a few come by but they were just passers by going between trees. I will be watching that field all week as I pass by it on my way to work, hopefully they will still be there on Saturday. (hopefully his gas gun attracts a few more) ;)

Well done for bagging a few Graham :good:

Whats your opinion on your FUDS then based on your first outing? Did you get the new ones with the white detail in UV?

Mine are the original type and they look a little dull. Have got some UV decoy paint though so going to touch them up I think to give them a bit of definition.

Was nice to see you and catch up at Burghely at the weekend :)

Nice one mate......I`ve been very tempted to buy some of those Fuds myself...Dave Shipman in town has them in but so far I`ve resisted parting with my hard earned cash!!!. In the shop they do look slightly darker in colour to my usual Decoys??....Obviously with the reports I`ve heard that doesn`t seem to put the pigeons off!!...No doubt Dave or a game fair will see the colour of my money in the coming few weeks!!! :hmm:

Nice one mate......I`ve been very tempted to buy some of those Fuds myself...Dave Shipman in town has them in but so far I`ve resisted parting with my hard earned cash!!!. In the shop they do look slightly darker in colour to my usual Decoys??....Obviously with the reports I`ve heard that doesn`t seem to put the pigeons off!!...No doubt Dave or a game fair will see the colour of my money in the coming few weeks!!! :hmm:

I wouldn't buy any equipment (or carts for that matter) from Dave Shipman. He's a good bloke, but you can buy the same stuff as he's got, far cheaper on Ebay etc. Cartridges are expensive there, too.