100+ in the rain

stu nesling

had a good day out with tom, and the result was well worth getting wet for.

will let tom do the write up, if he is still awake after his night shift then straight out on the pigeons :lol:

not all in the pic as i was using my phone and could not get far enough away in the chiller.

07052012063.jpg

Im still awake just :lol: was a good day ,finished my night shift and met stu and placed him on some hard hit rape and headed to some chopped maize which is still waiting to be ploughed in .was soon in to action but was shooting like a plank .

Birds really picked up pace around 12.30pm so called stu over at around 2.30pm as he had only bagged 7 and we had plenty of sport packing up just after 5pm .

Total picked was 127 with around 12 lost in a wood and in the tall barley just a shame we both shot so bad at times :oops:

cracking bag concidering how quiet it is at the min :good:

Was a good day out yes mate but the amount around that area yesterday was crazy ,a srtip just behind was covered by birds all day and another about 800 yards away was also getting plenty well over 1000 lifted off at 1 point :yes:

Well done Stu + Tom impressive bag considerering the appaling weather.

:good::good::good:

cheers mate, how you doing? not heard from you for a while.

weather was a bit miserable :yes: but didn't care as the birds were great fun and kept coming.

had trouble hitting a 25yd bird going into the trees but smoked loads of 40yd+ crossers :lol: work that one out

if you can :no:

cheers mate, how you doing? not heard from you for a while.

weather was a bit miserable :yes: but didn't care as the birds were great fun and kept coming.

had trouble hitting a 25yd bird going into the trees but smoked loads of 40yd+ crossers :lol: work that one out

if you can :no:

I cant say to much as i was way off form :lol: had another outing this afternoon and shot another 46 from same spot but 1 guy had 145 from highfield :yes:

I cant say to much as i was way off form :lol: had another outing this afternoon and shot another 46 from same spot but 1 guy had 145 from highfield :yes:

true :lol: you shot like a plank at times, just like me......at least i had 2 squirrels.

must add that they did not decoy very well :lol::lol::lol:

wish i had the time to get out as much as you do, not sure i could afford the shells though!

lets hope the numbers keep coming and the ground stays wet so they cant plough the maize in.

Can't say too much myself, one day you are knocking pheasants down at 60yds and the next time you cant hit a crow landing in a tree at 25 yds, same gun, same cartridges,if we were all good there would be nothing left to shoot :lol:

Take care guys, keep the posts coming, it was always a top day out with you two,seen some cracking shots taken by you guys over the years,recieved some wicked banter from you both, and had some brilliant times.

Oh i forgot to say, i still remember where the safety catch is after that Pheasant incident.

Andy