just got this picture back

les gedge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got this picture back of trentotter from last year when we went to 1 off my rough shoots .3 pheasants 1 hare 1 duck 5 jackdews.les

Exif information which is embedded in the photo says

Taken at 4 seconds 19mins past 12

on the 8th march 2007

nice sharp pic though

Oops :oops:

Edited by welsh1

I cant answer that, and no idea if thats possible, but am sure computers are not infallible, all I have said is that is the info attached to the photo

Ok the exif is almost blueprinted on the photo at time of exposure, this information comes from The camera so it is possible for the time and date in the camera to be wrong..

Karpman

The date on the camera is actually 2027.

It was taken on a mobile phone,the time on a mobile phone is usually correct as it is updated by the phone signal,it is very strange that the date is so far in the future,as a default most phones are dated as they are made,and again they will automatically update themselves on receiving a phone signal.

Some one would have to go into the picture data and change the date.

Doc beat me to it,the 2027 date was there yesterday when i checked.

Edited by welsh1

The date on the camera is actually 2027.

It was taken on a mobile phone,the time on a mobile phone is usually correct as it is updated by the phone signal,it is very strange that the date is so far in the future,as a default most phones are dated as they are made,and again they will automatically update themselves on receiving a phone signal.

Some one would have to go into the picture data and change the date.

Doc beat me to it,the 2027 date was there yesterday when i checked.

not me mark has bad with phone has i am on the laptop.

Ok the exif is almost blueprinted on the photo at time of exposure, this information comes from The camera so it is possible for the time and date in the camera to be wrong..

Karpman

This is true. What would be interesting would be the EXIF info on images in previous posts and cross referencing that with dates/times in the posts. If date and time on those also shows them to be from a Nokia phone with similar date format then there is a possibility of deducing when particular pictures have been taken and what with. i.e. saying that you just got this picture from your mate doesn't tally up with other pictures that were taken by you.

Just saying....

This is true. What would be interesting would be the EXIF info on images in previous posts and cross referencing that with dates/times in the posts. If date and time on those also shows them to be from a Nokia phone with similar date format then there is a possibility of deducing when particular pictures have been taken and what with. i.e. saying that you just got this picture from your mate doesn't tally up with other pictures that were taken by you.

Just saying....

Lol alright Sherlock but what's up with just trusting what people say, do you guys check exif on all photos posted lol. Can't understand whilst people seem hell bent on making the op look a out of season shooter.

Were has theft love gone lol

Just saying....

Interesting post.

I have just looked back through the op's photos that he has posted up,and they are taken with the same camera as the photo in this thread,the very interesting thing is the date time stamp is very consistent,it usually has a day and month within a couple of days of the post,ie if the photo states 2-3 then it has been posted on the 4-3.The strange part is that the year consistently shows as 2027 and they are all taken with the same nokia N86.

I would say that the date can be accepted as the day and month are correct by the consistency of the op's posts and that the year has been set incorrectly. Unfortunately the year does not help the op.

well I will just trust Lez's word over the technology as the phone is giving some strange results

:good:

We should give Les the benefit of the doubt, I dont think he shoots out of season wildfowl with lead shot either :no:

He could be using his home loaded 3.5'' #4 lead cartridges for goose shooting in Scotland or fox shooting :yes:

Although his mate Trentotter did slip up once by mentioning he used Chedite BB's for goose shooting :yes: . . . . . . . shame their largest shot size in none toxic was #4 :yp: