just got this picture back

les gedge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. What would be interesting would be the EXIF info on images in previous posts and cross referencing that with dates/times in the posts. If date and time on those also shows them to be from a Nokia phone with similar date format then there is a possibility of deducing when particular pictures have been taken and what with. i.e. saying that you just got this picture from your mate doesn't tally up with other pictures that were taken by you.

Just saying....

tally got 5 memory cards i shoot a lot of tackle .les not like the laptop warriors my gun talks for me.that wye i have over 100 farms not like bivve boys

Over 100 farms , can i be your friend Les as there's no way one man can cover that amount of land on his own ? not even if he's full time and getting paid for it unless there only 10 acres :oops:

PS, no comment on the pic :yp:

I have to agree, looking back at your other pictures - it does seem the date is out. But still, it is consistent. The year is obviously way out, but the month is generally only ever out by two months. So for example,

'some blackies today' posted on 9th May has exif data of 9th March 2027 so is 2 months out (it also has some quite perky dandelions similar to the picture on this thread).

'a couple of hour's out on thursday morning' posted on 5th May (but actually talking about Thursday which was the 3rd) has exif data of 3rd March 2027 (again, 2 months out).

'i got these on tuesday' posted on the 5th May (but talking about Tuesday the 1st) has exif data of 2nd March 2027 (maybe you got your day wrong...but still, it's 2 months out)

I'm no Columbo but...

I see the anal brigade are out in force!!

Do you really have nothing better to do than checking people's photo info??

Some people really do need to get a life! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have much better things to do, believe me. However, I do not agree with illegal shooting out of season. As above, it gives us all a bad name! I'm quite surprised it isn't the sentiment shared by all on here!

I see the anal brigade are out in force!!

Do you really have nothing better to do than checking people's photo info??

Some people really do need to get a life! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing anal about respecting quarry seasons

Nothing anal about respecting quarry seasons

I completely agree.

However, people looking at post pics and coming up with their own conclusions is a bit bizarre if you ask me.

Opinions are like ****-holes, everyone has one!

the picture has a file attatched called an exif file, you can read the details of it and it gives various information. Sadly if you post a picture with the wrong date on as in this case its one thing, but post a few and the incorrect dates all fall in a sequence it shows when someone is telling porkie pies about their activity.

so this photo here and the date

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.pigeonwatch.co.uk%2Fforums%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_05_2012%2Fpost-21367-0-00793700-1336496271.jpg

followed by one the poster said he shot on the 9th of may showing same phone and a day before and funnily enough very similar dandelions :oops:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.pigeonwatch.co.uk%2Fforums%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_05_2012%2Fpost-21367-0-52050400-1336582713.jpg

Edited by al4x

Just had a closer look at the photo and it looks like that mallard is in eclipse. Make of that what you will but I woulda imagined come mid march it would of been moulted back to breeding colours..

Karpman

Possibly. What should also be taken into account is the statement at the start of the post :

just got this picture back of trentotter from last year...

Given that the date/time stamps of those images are consistent and that they've come from the same device (a Nokia N86) it's highly unlikely that this particular image has just been received from someone else from last year.

As above, this may seem like nit picking and being all "Sherlock" but taking game out of season isn't on and shouldn't be posted up on a public forum, especially under a false pretense.