CLA game fair

LThompson

Has anyone recieved their pre booked tickets yet?.We have booked 3 nights camping and 2 days in the game fair.We usually go on the thursday and then pack up on the sunday morning but this year because of the lad and school we are going on the friday and packing up on the monday.It is the best weekend away of the year for me so i treat it like a mini holiday.The campsite has a great atmosphere and we have a good old drink whilst walking around all day and the the campsite bar at night.I am really looking forward to it

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there, booked in to a local hotel in april. I camped with 2 mates last year, i thought it was alot of money considering you had to get up at half 5 to get a shower, it was as stoney as hell and the buses were too infrequent. But all of that was forgiven after we had 2 great days. Tbh i prefer a hotel, warm, dry bed, and you can have a shower anytime you want!

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree to the pricing, absolute rip off. Refused to pay last year and this year aswell. Spoke with a friend who went last year and had to drive to the toilets they were that far away. With kids no thankyou.

All CLA game fair organisers please take note, we are in a recession.

Anyway, off soap box and booked with a couple of cumbrian huntin mates and camping at the dirty duck camping site 1.5 miles down the road. £20 per night from memory, missis will have to drive if we get too many samples of scrumpy.

Really looking forward to the weekend though.

What's the shooting like?

ill be there,go every year,and stay at my mates in lincoln,so once we get to his its not far,then back to his after the trip,night out and then back home sunday,really look forward to this weekend,hope it doesnt get rained off....DAZ

Hello,

Whos attending CLA this year, I plan to but having never been before was wondering what it's like

Many Thanks

Lee

Talk around the trade a the moment that its going to be cancelled.

just cancelled raptor show at althrop for this coming weekend.

There`a a common thread through all of these cancelled shows - `Health & safety issues`

Bet it doesn`t happen even if it appears as if the weather`s not too bad !

This is the result of the pathetic compensation culture we`ve allowed to ruin our society!

There`a a common thread through all of these cancelled shows - `Health & safety issues`

Bet it doesn`t happen even if it appears as if the weather`s not too bad !

This is the result of the pathetic compensation culture we`ve allowed to ruin our society!

Nothing to do with that its the fact the land owners do not want the land ruined. It does not take long for a field to become an absolute mud bath and take a long time to recover. We have had a lot of events cancelled in the steam engine rally calender because of the weather this year, this was at a recent rally where the ground look fine during the week and so it was decided to go ahead most stuff turned up friday night and these pics are taken saturday morning. With the amount of stuff moving in and out of that site it will be ruined.

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708171518-DSC_8911.jpg

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708174125-DSC_8933.jpg

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708180601-DSC_8983.jpg

Well.. I've already bought tickets for the family but we will not be going. Wife is in a mobility scooter and even if it goes ahead I cannot see that being much fun for her as it will be a mud bath! If I wanted to experience that kind of event I'd go to Glastonbury! :lol:

to be fair to them its still a week off and next week is not forecast to have anywhere near as much rain. If they can stop it getting churned up it is the right time of year to dry out fast so there is half a chance it will go ahead.