CLA game fair

LThompson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement by The Duke of Rutland on the CLA's Cancellation of 2012 Game Fair:

I am very sorry that terrible weather conditions affecting the United Kingdon have resulted in the cancellation of the 2012 CLA Game Fair here at Belvoir.

I join with all those who are disappointed that the Fair is not to go ahead - Visitors, Exhibitors and all those in the Hunting, Shooting and Fishing fraternity. It is dreadfully sad news.

Come on you lot.. do you really think that anyone organising an event of this nature is not going to extort as much money from you as possible, I feel sorry for those who have to pay thousands just to pitch the burger van! Sadly I buy nothing from these events as my last experience was that I could get it cheaper online or in my local gunshop. These glorified market stalls are far to expensive for me, and no way am I paying £160 for the privilage of attending an event and sleeping in a tent for the effort, or paying £5.00 for a burger!!!

Miserable *** aren't I !!!!

By the way it will p*** down all weekend!

:lol:

Nothing to do with that its the fact the land owners do not want the land ruined. It does not take long for a field to become an absolute mud bath and take a long time to recover. We have had a lot of events cancelled in the steam engine rally calender because of the weather this year, this was at a recent rally where the ground look fine during the week and so it was decided to go ahead most stuff turned up friday night and these pics are taken saturday morning. With the amount of stuff moving in and out of that site it will be ruined.

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708171518-DSC_8911.jpg

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708174125-DSC_8933.jpg

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/tth/12/hollowell-mud/20120708180601-DSC_8983.jpg

Yup I must admit its fingers crossed for our local rally in Masham next weekend.

so why is it that Glastonbury and the like still go ahead,muddy grass can be redrilled :unsure:

Because that field will be ruined before the show because of the amount of vehicles going in and out, most stands will be using artic lorries and heavy HGVs and if you seen the mess they make on a field you will understand. Music shows have large open areas where the people stand and no lorries or anything have to drive on that so do not cause the huge ruts and damage to the field.

Absolutley gutted though but can understand why its cancelled, we were planning on camping with a couple of us so would have been a nice weekend away. Chances are next weekend will be beautiful sunshine and 30 deg plus. :lol: