pre anti tamper

binman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre anti tamper was designed so the gun could be easily adjusted to a certain power before leaving the factory.EDIT" 12ftlbs rifles only "

Now what they forgot was that people would actually start to adjust these themselves and ending up as mungler said in a hole lot of smelly stuff.

They then decided to keep the adjuster in place but to cover it with a special bolt that would put the novice tamperer from making any adjustments.

However people believe that this allows them to turn up the power on the AAS400 S410's by significant numbers , but it doesnt .

The adjuster will only allow you to increase/decrease the power by +/- 1 ftlbs And that is all .

You will not get the desired power increase from messing with this but it will take it up to the 12ftlb limit and a little over , So before you go making any adjustments I would ....(a) THINK TWICE ......(B) GET IT TUNED PROPERLY.

Daz

Edited by deejay

can someone please explain about the anti tamper on an air rifle, (air arms S410)

thanks, steve

its to stop people tampering with there air rifle,

it can also be called an anti prison,

if you want more power apply for a fac mate that way you can up your power a lot more as the pre anti tamper guns only increased the power by a few ft lb

colin

its to stop people tampering with there air rifle,

it can also be called an anti prison,

if you want more power apply for a fac mate that way you can up your power a lot more as the pre anti tamper guns only increased the power by a few ft lb

colin

what happens if your rifle goes over power. how do you turn it down to remain out of jail :hmm:

It's there to stop twarts from trying to up the power and break all manner of laws.

Why, would do you want to know?

why would i want to know? quite simple, as in my first post, can someone please explain it to me, as in explain what it means, NOT, can someone please tell me how to tamper with it,

just a little to quick to judge there mate.

im glad i didnt ask how to spell bomb. :lol:

thanks for the replys, i now know what it means. and obviously will not be messing with it, i value my freedom far far to much :good:

Really?

"anti tamper"

What did you think it meant?

No really, it's a great question. "Anti tamper" really does flummox a lot of people. You're right, it's a great and obvious question for a shooting forum and I was too quick to judge you as either being thicker than a thick thing or someone who fancied prison. My bad, I'm sorry.

the law is very simple (for once) 2. For rule 2 of the Firearms (Dangerous Air Weapons) Rules 1969(1) there shall be substituted the following—

“2.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, rule 3 of these Rules applies to an air weapon (that is to say, an air rifle, air gun or air pistol)—

(a)which is capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft. lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than an air pistol, of 12ft. lb., or .

(b)which is disguised as another object. .

(2) Rule 3 of these Rules does not apply to a weapon which only falls within paragraph (1)(a) above and which is designed for use only when submerged in water. ”.

so do what you want as long as it stays under 12 ftb or go and get a c02 harpoon gun lol

Really?

"anti tamper"

No really, it's a great question. "Anti tamper" really does flummox a lot of people. You're right, it's a great and obvious question for a shooting forum and I was too quick to judge you as either being thicker than a thick thing or someone who fancied prison. My bad, I'm sorry.

you know nothing about me mate or my knowledge of guns, so for you it would seem rather obvious, to me it didnt, hence me asking,

I know. It's all very ambiguous and confusing.

Also if you do any search on here (if the threads are still alive and haven't been take down) or through Google there's very liitle in the way of discussion on the subject. It's probably why so many people keep getting confused and have to seek guidance.

My bad.

Really?

"anti tamper"

To be fair to the OP, loads of s410s are sold as being 'pre anti-tamper' in a way that suggests it's preferable to anti-tamper.

just put a post on. how to get my air rifle over 12 ft lbs

Don't know if you've had many air rifles, but 'full power air rifle' can often mean 10 ft/lbs and I've picked up decent quality rifles that are only putting out 7 so with a little tinkering (tampering) you can get it into the mid 11s.

If anyones dumb enough to go over 12 they deserve what they get but you shouldn't be lambasted for asking a simple question.