CZ 455 trigger kit installation advise.

muttsnutts

after a bit of advise.

just installed a new rimfire magic trigger kit on my cz 455, the spings suppied are ok. but when i went to fit the shim to reduce the creep (or at least i think this is its purpose) the shim will not fit, it fits in the sense as that i can get it to go back together but from what i can see the shim is to big causing the sear to not sit and will not fire, now as i only have 2 shims supplied in the rimfire magic kit i can not fit either as they are too big, and now all this kit is doing is making the trigger lighter but still has drag which was the main reason for using this kit. In the yo dave triger kit there are 4 shims supplied and im gessing they some are smaller wich is the one i possibly need, any one used either of these kits that can offer any adivse ? thanks in adance.

When I bought mine, it stated in the instructions to only fit the the spring on a 455.

It stated that it is dangerous to fit any of the shims as sear engagement would be too little to be safe !

I gave the shims and remaining 2 springs to my mate with a 452.

Hope this helps.

yes that does mine did come from a gun dealer but had no instuctions, he talked me through it and it was simple enough to do. only had three springs and two shims in the kit nothine else, guess ill have to put up with the small ammount of creep/drag. thanks

after a bit of advise.

just installed a new rimfire magic trigger kit on my cz 455, the spings suppied are ok. but when i went to fit the shim to reduce the creep (or at least i think this is its purpose) the shim will not fit, it fits in the sense as that i can get it to go back together but from what i can see the shim is to big causing the sear to not sit and will not fire, now as i only have 2 shims supplied in the rimfire magic kit i can not fit either as they are too big, and now all this kit is doing is making the trigger lighter but still has drag which was the main reason for using this kit. In the yo dave triger kit there are 4 shims supplied and im gessing they some are smaller wich is the one i possibly need, any one used either of these kits that can offer any adivse ? thanks in adance.

I have the 455 fitted with the same trigger kit,I just used the medium spring and didnt replace the shims.The standard trigger had alot of creep in it but this disappeared when the spring was changed.

I have the 455 fitted with the same trigger kit,I just used the medium spring and didnt replace the shims.The standard trigger had alot of creep in it but this disappeared when the spring was changed.

Same here, just changed the spring from the yodave kit and its perfect now. Can't see me bothering to change the front pin tube.

Beatingisbest ...What shim did you use ...I only have the red and blue one and they both are to big causing the sear not to sit correctly......there is no shim in the front pin just a interference fit pin.

I havnt a clue, cant remember now, I just kept trying different ones until I found one that was suitable