Makes me sick!

dodeer

When walking the dog today past a stubble field i saw a pigeon shooter and he told me how his day had been and how many he had shot. 63 in total it said on his clicker. I commented on how it was nearly dark and he better pick up fast. He laughed and said that he was going to leave them there to rot! At first i thought he wsa joking but when i walked past 30mins later he had gone and left all those birds on the field. I even saw about 3 still alive but carrying shot. I went home and got my mate and his dog and we picked them up without permission of the landowner but thought it was the right thing to do?

I think the man does not deserve to shoot!

Unfortunately, this happens more than you think. :lol:

Its not just the chap who shoots 4 or 5 and throws them into the bushes for the foxes.

I was shown about 150 pigeons, that had been shot over two days and dumped in a dry pond on a farm.

The foxes and cats had been among them and you could see the feathers from a mile away.

I,ve found shot young rabbits, magpies and jays, just left where they fell.

All adjacent to public footpaths or highways.

Its no suprise that the non shooting public don,t understand "us", I don,t understand "us" sometimes. :lol:

As a slight side issue to this subject, when shooting Rabbits do you gut them in the field or when you get home? If in the field then what do you do with the insides?

Mark.

p.s. I also hate people with this attitude, if you have no intention of taking ANY home then don't shoot them. I must confess to throwing some very fly blown pigeons into the bushes but I could not think what else to do with them (the foxs should still eat them). What do others do in this in case?

Mark.