682 GOLD E TRAP

biketestace

Both barrels at 5 would be cylinder, no choke. I'd want the multichoke barrels. 

Skeet which is 5thou of choke is fine, no choke is to open for me for a clay gun, ok at farmer type game shoot or decoying pigeon. 

I have two fixed choke guns one a Beretta 687 the other a nice sxs both are 1/4&1/2 I never think about the chokes just shoot them.  

Edited by figgy

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Additional barrels should not affect how high a gun shoots, unless the top rib is raised on one set of barrels and not the other. 

How much for the extra barrels? At £300, I would buy them. More than that, I would leave them. If you buy them, make sure they fit straight on and so does the forend.

He said €400 euros which is more or less £300 i guess.. so good to talk to you guys really you made me feel good cause i loved the gun.. 

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

Both barrels at 5 would be cylinder, no choke. I'd want the multichoke barrels. 

Skeet which is 5thou of choke is fine, no choke is to open for me for a clay gun, ok at farmer type game shoot .

Both barrels at 5 yes.. so you basically  recomend to get the extra multi choked barrels yes ? 

Danie, it all depends on what your shooting, you don't say where you are. 

My mate shot sporting clays for a couple of years with cylinder choke in his gun. He didn't seem to suffer on normal club stuff 

If you shoot skeet and walked up game the cylinder barrels would be great. If your going to shoot sporting get the multichoke barrels so long as the fit good. Or just go buy another Beretta 682Gold E there are loads of them around.

12 minutes ago, figgy said:

S/S is skeet and skeet so same choke in both barrels.  Usual system is cyl for no choke cylinder same as bore of the gun. Then S  or more common is SK for skeet then we get imp cyl for improved cylinder which is also skeet then imp improved after this mod for modified, then imp mod for improved modified and onto full.

They can also use a numbered system too, which is usually numbers 1 through 5 1 being full 5 being cylinder.

Multi choke barrel is nice to have as an extra. Or in place of the skeet barrels. You can put whatever chokes you want in then.

Ok.. this is basically my main concern. Since the gun is a bargain, i dont mind getting the extra barells. As long as it still does the job and doesnt affect the gun in a negative way.. 

It won't make the gun bad, but as barrels wear along with the action they become a perfect fit to eachother, it's not just a case of dropping any other barrels on. They will usually need fitting to the gun. 

Unless the seller has constantly swapped between the two.

Edited by figgy

15 minutes ago, figgy said:

S/S is skeet and skeet so same choke in both barrels.  Usual system is cyl for no choke cylinder same as bore of the gun. Then S  or more common is SK for skeet then we get imp cyl for improved cylinder which is also skeet then imp improved after this mod for modified, then imp mod for improved modified and onto full.

They can also use a numbered system too, which is usually numbers 1 through 5 1 being full 5 being cylinder.

Multi choke barrel is nice to have as an extra. Or in place of the skeet barrels. You can put whatever chokes you want in then.

Ok.. this is basically my main concern. Since the gun is a bargain, i dont mind getting the extra barells. As long as it still does the job and doesnt affect the gun in a negative way.. 

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

Danie, it all depends on what your shooting, you don't say where you are. 

My mate shot sporting clays for a couple of years with cylinder choke in his gun. He didn't seem to suffer on normal club stuff 

If you shoot skeet and walked up game the cylinder barrels would be great. If your going to shoot sporting get the multichoke barrels so long as the fit good. Or just go buy another Beretta 682Gold E there are loads of them around.

I am in Cyprus a Mediterranean island near greece. We shoot mostly small or average birds but sometimes wild rabbits pop up also. I think you have covered all areas on the matter. Really thank you..

20201206_193706.jpg