Jays, shoot or not?

Ant8681

Can't you eat jays?

More than likely yes you can eat them. Wether they taste ok is a different matter??...They probably do taste ok..If someone offered me a roast Jay...Yes I would try it. But that doesn`t mean I`d go out and shoot one. I choose not to simply through choice as I have plenty of other Quarry that satisfy myself and the Family. :rolleyes:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than likely yes you can eat them. Wether they taste ok is a different matter??...They probably do taste ok..If someone offered me a roast Jay...Yes I would try it. But that doesn`t mean I`d go out and shoot one. I choose not to simply through choice as I have plenty of other Quarry that satisfy myself and the Family. :rolleyes:

OK. someone's going to have to be brave and say they'll try it and report back...any guinea pigs out there? I mean volunteers...

Jays (or 'owt else for that matter);

If you want to eat it, shoot it.

If its causing a problem and needs to be killed, shoot it.

If its neither of those and its just for the sake of shooting it because there's nothing to say you can't, get another hobby....

Jays (or 'owt else for that matter);

If you want to eat it, shoot it.

If its causing a problem and needs to be killed, shoot it.

If its neither of those and its just for the sake of shooting it because there's nothing to say you can't, get another hobby....

Agree :good:

...any guinea pigs out there?

We don't get wild Guinea Pig round my way but I am led to believe it tastes good....

I am always happy to be a tester for foods, I tasted Wrasse Sashimi at a fishing competition the other week to prove a point.

We get loads of Jays round my way, similar numbers to Magpie. Although neither stray into my crosshairs. Not by choice just the ways it's turned out. I've popped a few magpie with the shotgun but never had a safe shot at a Jay so have never dropped one. They seem VERY jittery.

We don't get wild Guinea Pig round my way but I am led to believe it tastes good....

I am always happy to be a tester for foods, I tasted Wrasse Sashimi at a fishing competition the other week to prove a point.

We get loads of Jays round my way, similar numbers to Magpie. Although neither stray into my crosshairs. Not by choice just the ways it's turned out. I've popped a few magpie with the shotgun but never had a safe shot at a Jay so have never dropped one. They seem VERY jittery.

:lol: :lol: Guinea pig is very nice! have a friend who lived in Ecuador for a couple of years and she swears by it! Local delicacy out there. But if I start asking for recipe suggestions from a pet shop here, I think people might get worried...

They look awesome, are you self taught?

Christ!! Look out, looks like I'll be living next to a taxidermist :rolleyes:

You wouldn't need a branch that big for yours Ant as most have one leg with your shots lol. Rambo!!

Edited by click

cheer's aga man, yes i prepared the birds. :yes: here is a couple 'a crows i'v prepared lately :good:

and another one ;)

i was going to say great stuff mate, but i will re phrase it. i think you have done a cracking job, very alive looking, keep up the good work. :good: