Kibworth

P03

Hi,

Shot the Leics Police shoot (no I'm not a copper) at Kibworth yesterday. I was really p***** off with the set up. Most of the traps were only throwing targets about 25-30 metres so they were really sluggish and with the wind affecting them some were near impossible to hit. They had teal that was shot from a cage but the wind blew the clay behind the cage how do you shoot that safely? So my question is are the targets always like that or will it be worth going back another day?

I shoot Kibworth regularly, as they hold fortnightly registered Sporting shoots.

It's a good ground, but like any set up, a very strong wind will affect the targets.

They don't normally set any stands up where birds will blow back onto shooters, for obvious reasons, but if the wind gets up after the shoot starts, then that's too bad.

It happened to me at the English Open at Lakenheath last year. A Teal bird was coming right back at you in the cage on the strong wind - it was "kill or be killed..!!", the ground owner stopped the shoot and reset the trap so the bird promptly disappeared over the tree in front.

I then went and missed 2 out of the 4, c'est la vie..!!

Cat.