airguns to be banned in scotland

storme37

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will no doubt be ill thought out legislation such as the handgun ban. At least we knew who had a handgun, well most of them. We have no idea how many airguns there are or who has them.

Do they really think a ned will get a licence for his airgun. Although would be good to lock up a few of our neds for 5 years or so when we find an old rusty air rifle in there house.

apart from the headline and further into the press speak, that is the only mention of a "ban" MacAskill mentions addressing "unlicensed air guns" a totally different matter.

KW

Exactly, all the law abiding citizens using air rifles for perfectly legitimate reasons will be forced to hand them in and the scum will just keep quiet and hang on to them!

Not if they get a license. This is a difficult subject as we all know. As with all guns most gun crimes are carried out with unlicensed guns. But it is not right to just do nothing, too many kids getting hert or killed with them. If it is law to have a license with restrictions then the people breaking the law can be convicted and hopefully removed from or streets. I like most do not like the red tape etc but some controls need to be in place. More work needs to be in done to improve the laws and ensure they are enforced consistently.

there will be a licence like we have for shotguns.

i just wonder what it will cost

Great, another typical knee jerk reaction. Hysterical mumsnet style campaigning accusing anyone who doesn't support it as being in favour of child murder.

same as drug dealers asking for airguns to be banned funny how it makes no mention it was the parents of said murdered child who sold him the drugs

i just wonder what it will cost

same as drug dealers asking for airguns to be banned funny how it makes no mention it was the parents of said murdered child who sold him the drugs

Yes drug dealers asking an alchaholic to ban guns I was on the BBC Leslie Riddoch program in Scotland and we were on air when the news came through about the kid passing away. The guy who fired the shot had done it before but none of the "concerned citizens" bothered phoning the Police. Dear Kenny LOCKED UP AT WEMBLEY FOR HIS OWN SAFETY AFTER BEING FOUND PISHED IN THE STREET HE SAYS "WE NEED TO TACKLE SCOTLANDS DRINK PROBLEMS". Helet out the biggest CONVICTED MASS MURDERER in Brittish history and he wants to ban air guns despite the crime figures for airgun crime dropping year on year. PROUD OF YOU KENNY :no:

"Andy, from Craigton, Glasgow, said: “We couldn’t believe it when the minister told us they were going to ban air weapons from the streets." :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't believe it either mate, it is an IMPOSSIBLE task :rolleyes:

Pity hundreds of thousands of people are going to get the shaft because of the actions of a few scumbags. <_< Time to get the devolution completed before this stupid legislation crawls its way across the border :yes:

:hmm: Let`s face it. Its already started Air rifles have to be sent to an RFD unless its a private sale. If you buy a gun from a shop them have to keep a log book. They have to log the serial number down who they sold it to and you have to give your name and address :unsure: . Air gun must be secured away from children in your home. Air rifle cabinet sales have gone crazy and the prices have gone up. Cashing in :angry: . So how far off are we from licensing. Home visits. And what are they going to charge us for a license yet another earner for the government :big_boss: and will there be a fee every time we change a gun or buy a new one. I have been shooting for years and i am 56 with no criminal record :innocent: . But i do like to collect guns or should i say i don`t like parting with any. So i have 1=.25cal 3=.177cal 6=.22 And they all get taken out hunting in turn and get a good cleaning and oiling. But what would plod or some licensing body make of 10 rifles and 2 pistols. Ask me get rid of some i wonder ??? ???. Happy :shoot: While it lasts.

I suspected this would happen, and here it is.

I find it amazing how people can actually think it's a good thing that will stop idiots on drugs shooting at children, cats etc. I suppose it shows just how uneducated and ignorant many people are.

I wonder where the system will start, will it be the same as a SGC? And how long until they end up as section 1?

And (when) will England follow?

Arnt basc supposed to stop this kind of thing?

come on you guys I keep paying my sub!!!

Ps maybe basc are doing stuff but I googled basc scotland airgun laws and couldn't find anything ???

Try sacs , see what they are saying I seem to remember an article in there mag , cheers