petition for .22lr pistols

hello all, i recently stumbled across this petition to have .22lr pistols reclassified to section 1 for target shooting purposes etc.

if you've ever thought the pistol ban was an unjust persecution of legitimate shooters by a paranoid government (maybe im going to far with that statement but hey ho! in for a penny in for a pound! :lol: ) then sign this so we can get back our target pistols!

Link below:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/360

get any shooter you know to sign it! were a big community and every signature counts!

hell, even if you can get non shooters to sign it then do it!!!

And reply when youve signed it for bragging rights so you can say you stuck your oar in to! :lol::good::lol:

p.s. to any moderators, hope i havent broken any rules by posting this hear? if i have i do apologise.

I signed it, but it's pretty hopeless. It needs 88 000 signatures in just under 3 months to get it to even be looked at, so I think it's fair to say 'it ain't gonna happen'.

It's a great example of how bloody useless shooters are, think of all the shooters on the internet that must know about this but haven't signed it...

Signed this when it first was put up. Im actually quite suprised it got that many signatures. I honestly didnt expect it to get past 1000.

I signed it, but it's pretty hopeless. It needs 88 000 signatures in just under 3 months to get it to even be looked at, so I think it's fair to say 'it ain't gonna happen'.

It's a great example of how bloody useless shooters are, think of all the shooters on the internet that must know about this but haven't signed it...

Sadly i have found a great deal of shooters in this country will only fight for their own little corner of the sport and to hell with everything else. Having such fractured representation from dozens of different shooting organisations doesnt help at all either.

I think what desperately needs to happen is for the major shooting bodies and their members to unite and merge into one big organisation that will stand up for all aspects of gun ownership and shooting pursuits, something akin to the American NRA. That i think is the goal we should work towards before we even attempt to get any of the bans repealed.

Signed this when it first was put up. Im actually quite suprised it got that many signatures. I honestly didnt expect it to get past 1000.

Sadly i have found a great deal of shooters in this country will only fight for their own little corner of the sport and to hell with everything else. Having such fractured representation from dozens of different shooting organisations doesnt help at all either.

I think what desperately needs to happen is for the major shooting bodies and their members to unite and merge into one big organisation that will stand up for all aspects of gun ownership and shooting pursuits, something akin to the American NRA. That i think is the goal we should work towards before we even attempt to get any of the bans repealed.

You are absolutely correct, we should all stand under one banner and fight for each corner whether it is in our direct interests or not. I couldn't care about wildfowling, game shooting, indoor target shooting, air-gunning, practical shotgun and more, yet I won't stand by as any of these sports get hammered simply because they don't interest me, but as you've said most will.

I can't imagine that a single shooter, including air-gunners, would have any issue with reclassifying .22 pistols as section 1. I don't know how many shooters there are in this country if you include the air gunners but it's clear that the percentage who will take 2 minutes of their time to sign this petition is shockingly small.

As shooters we are doing a great job of allowing our sport to crumble by simply doing nothing, if we can't even be bothered to sign a petition what chance do we have?

You are absolutely correct, we should all stand under one banner and fight for each corner whether it is in our direct interests or not. I couldn't care about wildfowling, game shooting, indoor target shooting, air-gunning, practical shotgun and more, yet I won't stand by as any of these sports get hammered simply because they don't interest me, but as you've said most will.

I can't imagine that a single shooter, including air-gunners, would have any issue with reclassifying .22 pistols as section 1. I don't know how many shooters there are in this country if you include the air gunners but it's clear that the percentage who will take 2 minutes of their time to sign this petition is shockingly small.

As shooters we are doing a great job of allowing our sport to crumble by simply doing nothing, if we can't even be bothered to sign a petition what chance do we have?

couldnt have said it better myself! :lol:

Im tired of having to constantly defend my sport! any aspect for that matter (as i do enjoy game shooting, wild fowling, practical shotgun, indoor target shooting, outdoor target shooting! i havent found a shooting discipline that i dont like so far!!!)

surely we should all pull out our metaphorical fingers and get stuck in as a whole! and clean the name of your average gun owner? ok so a few bad things happened (no disrespect meant to those who lost there lives) but i dont think banning something eliminates the problem? if the government is so keen on banning dangerous things then surely they need to ban pretty much everything! its down to the individual to be sensible and its down to us as individuals to get of our backsides and take 2 minutes to sign this petition! and get anyone we know to sign it as well! gun owners or not! hell ive got my parents to sign it and they hate guns!!! :lol:

couldnt have said it better myself! :lol:

Im tired of having to constantly defend my sport! any aspect for that matter (as i do enjoy game shooting, wild fowling, practical shotgun, indoor target shooting, outdoor target shooting! i havent found a shooting discipline that i dont like so far!!!)

surely we should all pull out our metaphorical fingers and get stuck in as a whole! and clean the name of your average gun owner? ok so a few bad things happened (no disrespect meant to those who lost there lives) but i dont think banning something eliminates the problem? if the government is so keen on banning dangerous things then surely they need to ban pretty much everything! its down to the individual to be sensible and its down to us as individuals to get of our backsides and take 2 minutes to sign this petition! and get anyone we know to sign it as well! gun owners or not! hell ive got my parents to sign it and they hate guns!!! :lol:

These say it all! I have had clay shooters tell me they couldn't give a **&% about pistols and rifles, Target shooters who say the same about shotguns etc, people on here who, having been lucky enough to shoot pistols in the old days who say 'what's the point?'.. Well, (tinfoil hat fixed firmly to head at this moment :lol: ) one of the oldest sayings is 'divide and conquer!' while we stand and argue the toss in our usual free and easy way, the antis are well organised. Some of the laws and decisions that are being made may be fair and sensible, but unless we are involved, we cannot, without being hypocritical, complain. For myself, well, My vote may make no difference to the final outcome or not, but if I don't vote, I am darn sure it will not (- takes tinfoil hat off :P ) All the best to ALL shooters out there of all disciplines, long may our sport last.