Stock alteration for left hander

urban_winter

If you're referring to cast on it is possible but does depend on the gun/wood I believe. Not all guns have a significant amount of cast off anyway but it may be better to start off with a left hander if possible as I know from experience that stocks can move back, it can take a couple of goes before a permanent set is achieved.

What gun are you having modified and by how much?

Hi, had a right hand sxs cast on by a huge amount, no guarantee but for me it worked and has stayed put. The trigger guard was bent to shape so that has helped keeping it cast on, not cheap but can't remember how much but well worth it for me. No one will guarantee it, things can go wrong.

atvb Paul.

You can change the cast of most guns with bending. But that is not the only thing that makes a gun left or right handed the angle of the toe is also different. So a right handed gun bent from cast on to cast off will never be quite right for a lefty in theroy!!

Will you ever notice I don't know and have never tried it so can't comment on the practical side.

You phone Dennis at UK Gun Repairs and ask for advice they will be honest and do very good work at realistic prices.

Sorrell Bros(t/a East Grinstead guns) cast a s/s for me a few yrs ago,including triggers etc...think was @ £150.

Are you confident in the measurements you want/whoever has fitted you? Bending stocks is at your risk(possible to snap).

egguns is website if google.

atb