A simple solution to a Rabbit shooting Problem

pavman

One of my permissions has a problem to get to area crops means i cant get there on quad or truck and i am rubbish off shooting sticks and dont like standing about and the grass is to long to use the bi pod prone. The solution I found is a £9.99 folding lightweight plastic table. Sat with a coffee back to a post and picked them off with a great stable platform :good:

tablerabbits.jpg

Edited by pavman

Great idea Pav, but you are missing one very important accessory there! :hmm::hmm::hmm:

A cold box for the "refreshments"! :good::good::good:

I have been getting quite a lot of requests to control problem foxes lately, most of which are in areas surrounded by dry stone walls, so now I carry a small fold up stool (I cut it off of one of those cheap fishing rucksacks that I got for £1.00 at a boot sale) It weighs less than a pound to carry and I can sit and wait hidden up behind walls in comfort!

"right i'm off shooting dear, see you later"...."ok, have fun, don't forget your table Pavman". :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know i know but here is the catch i had my left are almost completely cut off when 17, they bolted it back on and as a result its not much use for a lot of things so i have to overcome situations that dont worry other folk...... here take a look!

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

Edited by pavman

Its a bit more expensive than your table solution but I use one of those folding swivel stools and a Bogpod tripod. Get the leg heights right and I can sit there with my elbows on my knees with no tension in the upper body and the rifle sitting on the tripod. Its extremely stable, I can sit there for hours and its very mobile.

If you can take your weight on your elbow with your injury it should work fine if you ever get fed up with sneaking around with a table under your arm.

A table is my preferred rest for zeroing though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know i know but here is the catch i had my left are almost completely cut off when 17, they bolted it back on and as a result its not much use for a lot of things so i have to overcome situations that dont worry other folk...... here take a look!

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

Ok now i feel bad...

Does your FEO know you need a table to shoot straight?? :lol::lol::lol:

One of my permissions has a problem to get to area crops means i cant get there on quad or truck and i am rubbish off shooting sticks and dont like standing about and the grass is to long to use the bi pod prone. The solution I found is a £9.99 folding lightweight plastic table. Sat with a coffee back to a post and picked them off with a great stable platform :good:

tablerabbits.jpg

Often the simple solution is the best. :good: :good:

Ok now i feel bad...

Does your FEO know you need a table to shoot straight?? :lol::lol::lol:

i only need it certain situations as i am normally on the quad with a rail or out the truck hatch..... funny how some simple things can help you out.......... Bleeh did once :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by pavman