Horse Hoof Bait

It works mate, believe me. Obviously, there has to be a fox in the area, but if there is, and it smells the 'brew', then it should come in to investigate it.
I use about 1/2 pint, poured onto the grass. I'd like to join you for a lamping session, and hopefully, you'll see how good it is.

Send me your contact number, via PM, and I'll be in touch soon.

Steve.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an extra little use for this evil smelling concoction. If you need to use a cage trap for foxes that had not had enough time to "weather" properly you can use some of this concoption in a garden sprayer and give the trap a LIGHT spray with it. It will hide any traces of human scent and may also act as an "enhancer" the scent of the bait you are using in your trap. I have done this with a fair degree of success on a couple of "awkward" foxes where straight forward shooting was not an option due to the locations.

I had a request from another member on this forun to send him some of my "brew" which had been fermenting for about 5 months to try. I sent a small bottle (About a 1/2 litre) well wrapped in bubble wrap and parcel paper. I don't know of the member has had a chance to try it yet.

Any news or reports or success yet Sixhills 69 please?

Here's an extra little use for this evil smelling concoction. If you need to use a cage trap for foxes that had not had enough time to "weather" properly you can use some of this concoption in a garden sprayer and give the trap a LIGHT spray with it. It will hide any traces of human scent and may also act as an "enhancer" the scent of the bait you are using in your trap. I have done this with a fair degree of success on a couple of "awkward" foxes where straight forward shooting was not an option due to the locations.

I had a request from another member on this forun to send him some of my "brew" which had been fermenting for about 5 months to try. I sent a small bottle (About a 1/2 litre) well wrapped in bubble wrap and parcel paper. I don't know of the member has had a chance to try it yet.

Any news or reports or success yet Sixhills 69 please?

I'm glad you found another use for the hoof bait, Pete.

The spay works fabulous as a cover scent on traps. I use it when trapping fox and coyotes in live traps, foot snares and padded jaw traps..........all of which is legal and closely regulated for human use here in Canada.

A word of advice though as I know you folks run alot of fox snares....be very carefull using it where deer reside in the same vicinity, as it is also an incrediable buck lure during the rut!

NTTF

Hi Frenchieboy sent me some in bottle via roayl mail arrived intact as i had a little problem with a few laamp shy foxes i fond a small tree which gave a good back drop i sparyed some of this liquid across the field and then sprayed a larger blob around the tree the wind was blowing in the right direction i could see the fox coming across the field followed by a cub they both got to the tree and spent time sniffing instead of a lamp i used a converted tourch as per another large thread on here both foxes were both wer despatched very quickly.

without the horse hoof liquid i feel the slightest mistake by me they would have made off but the bait kept them their lond enough to get two rounds off.

Thanks to Pete for the bottle i have filled it back up and left it out side. Just Glad it didn't break in the posties bag as he would not have been happy

• 3 years later...

Just wondering if any of you are still using this bait.............was reminded of it because I was moving some things in the shed yesterday and broke a bottle.........wont be going in there for a few days!

NTTF

I am still using this Dan, and have a batch fermenting in my shed now. I also have a bag of nail clippings that I will boil up soon and let them ferment for next year. I have had good results with it, and hope to continue so for many a year.

I mentioned about this 'product' to a good friend of mine in Virginia, who had not heard of it. He tried it, and has had great success using it. :good: