Hot Sauce Committee

Thunderbird

I've a new one on my shelf now :D .... I was at a party in Oxford last weekend, the hostess is a bit of a chili nutter, she gave me some which is quite honestly the hottest I've ever encountered. A speck of it sends me looking like a 3 year old girl at a ponyclub massacre with her favorite ride being hung, drawn and quartered in readiness for a celebrity chef to carve said ride into steaks

She made the sauce herself from selected fresh chilis.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ex wife I repeat ex was from tenasee usa she once made me a chilli o my god I thought she was trying to kill me after that I would only use a third of the amount of chilli sauce she did it was from Texas and was called flaming ####. Im not joking it really was

Another vote for Encona. A great balance of heat and flavour, is delicious as a sauce in its own right and can be added to soups/stews etc without overpowering the other flavours.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Just viewing that website gets a sweat on!!!

"Welcome chilliheads. I am Dr. Burnorium; purveyor of pain, melter of faces and creator of the incredible PSYCHO JUICE HOT SAUCES. Chillihead. Motörhead. It’s a way of life".

:o

I can't believe they've got a sauce called "Colon Cleaner". :lol:

Colon-Cleaner.jpg

"Welcome chilliheads. I am Dr. Burnorium; purveyor of pain, melter of faces and creator of the incredible PSYCHO JUICE HOT SAUCES. Chillihead. Motörhead. It’s a way of life".

:o

I can't believe they've got a sauce called "Colon Cleaner". :lol:

Colon-Cleaner.jpg

do you use that in an enema ???

We use Frank's Redhot on a weekly basis for buffalo chicken salads. It isn't in the same league as the niche hot sauces, but franks with some melted butter is the classic buffalo sauce and makes a great salad dressing on its own. Plus we own the brand, so can get it cheap at the company store.

We also go through a good bit of Cholula hot sauce in original flavor. It is a nice, basic sauce that is perfect for tacos or other mexican food, and also tasty on other stuff. They have a garlic flavor which is nice for something different and a chipotle flavor I want to try.

The Jam man in east yorkshire does have some great stuff for the boutique makers, and the jolokia pepper sauce (insane maybe) tastes great but is seriously hot. Very nice mixed into sour cream or may though.

thanks

rick

just got back from a tattoo convention in york and the cha cha chilli company were there (marsh trading) and they had a jar of chilli and garlic in corn oil that was not like any other chilli sauce i have had it is called GERMANO'S and it is like toasted chilli and garlic from the phillipines i had a big dollop on a tortilla and although it was warm/hot the heat went quite fast and left you with this toasted taste......cannot wait for lunch time today to put a spoonful in a bowl of boiled rice http://www.marsh-trading.com/product/special-sauce

Edited by bi9johnny

just got back from a tattoo convention in york and the cha cha chilli company were there (marsh trading) and they had a jar of chilli and garlic in corn oil that was not like any other chilli sauce i have had it is called GERMANO'S and it is like toasted chilli and garlic from the phillipines i had a big dollop on a tortilla and although it was warm/hot the heat went quite fast and left you with this toasted taste......cannot wait for lunch time today to put a spoonful in a bowl of boiled rice http://www.marsh-trading.com/product/special-sauce

That looks pretty darn good.

I'm with Blunderbuss on this one :good:

Walkerswood sauces are the ones, but I prefer their Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper sauce.

004ezn.jpg

The thing is with these sauces is that they're hot, but not stupid hot. They actually have FLAVOUR.

All this macho "I-can-swallow-hotter-sauce-than-you" is just latent homosexuality.

Trying to prove you're a man by other means than those that matter.

Same as the "I-get-******-quicker-than-you-on-****-cider" baldwilly boys :lol:

Edited by Chard

The thing is with these sauces is that they're hot, but not stupid hot. They actually have FLAVOUR.

Exactly.

That Thai stuff I originally posted is actually pretty mild in the great scheme of things (Encona is hotter) but for me the combination of heat and flavour is the thing. All about the yin and yang.