New Percentage Cut Off Points Announced

Ian E

Bit of a drop this year for the ESP averages from issue 41 at 0.4 %

I ended up staying in A class for ESP with 78.4 %, I was on 80.1% a month ago and thought I had a shot at AA......... But my gun didn’t fit, I did not see a good coach, my shells were too slow, I did not pattern my chokes and I am **** at shooting ... <_<

B for Sportrap with 76.5 % and someone stole my CPSA card and shot some skeet with it as well....

:good:

Bit of a drop this year for the ESP averages from issue 41 at 0.4 %

I ended up staying in A class for ESP with 78.4 %, I was on 80.1% a month ago and thought I had a shot at AA......... But my gun didn’t fit, I did not see a good coach, my shells were too slow, I did not pattern my chokes and I am **** at shooting ... <_<

B for Sportrap with 76.5 % and someone stole my CPSA card and shot some skeet with it as well....

:good:

76.7% so B class mediocrity is no more :good: ...............Now entering A class anonymity :sly:

Last years winner in C-class, in a major summertime DTL event, shot typically AA class scores, to win the C-class cash.

Lucky? Inspired by the cash, or just a ****** sandbagger?

Who knows, maybe we need 'more evidence'

Perhaps a 'repeat performance'

The winning 2011 C-class scores were so unusual for this shooter, their efforts bumped them up into B class, despite shooting VERY C-class scores post-competition.

I see from the new issue cut-offs, this shooter has again, barring bad maths by the CPSA, got their B-class back down to C-class. Precision score management? Or their true, long-term form?

We'll see. They are booked on again for the 2012 comp, and will be after the C-class prizes, which like last year, are handsome.. Yes, worthwhile sandbagging for quite frankly.

Surely we won't see another AA-level score from this shooter to win C-class again?

I have no beef with up-and-coming shooters in C and B shooting mega, AA style scores, on the way up. Thats the way the class system rolls. But skilled, competent shots pretending to be beginners to blag their "easy thousand" in cash and prizes is not on. Lets not mock and abuse the class system.

I didn't mention which competition it was. I don't want to be sued.

Though I'm told, last year's C class winner in that compy, took home cash + prizes worth over a grand.

Personally, I think there are those who shoot for fun & social life all year, and are more than willing to manage down their scores down to get back to C class to win this kind of money and the fun of knowing you robbed real C-class shooters of their day.

It's tough for a real C-class'er when Ex AA and A class'ers suddenly pull an AA-level shoot when the moneys there... then promptly start shooting like **** when they get back home.

Once was bad enough, that shooter would best not try this stunt twice.

Enough said.

I didn't mention which competition it was. I don't want to be sued.

Though I'm told, last year's C class winner in that compy, took home cash + prizes worth over a grand.

Personally, I think there are those who shoot for fun & social life all year, and are more than willing to manage down their scores down to get back to C class to win this kind of money and the fun of knowing you robbed real C-class shooters of their day.

It's tough for a real C-class'er when Ex AA and A class'ers suddenly pull an AA-level shoot when the moneys there... then promptly start shooting like **** when they get back home.

Once was bad enough, that shooter would best not try this stunt twice.

Enough said.

Are you sure these people are sandbagging? It would take 18 months and 900 targets to go down from AA to C, and that is a minimum. Allowing for the negation of all those 'AA standard scores' that they used to win 'thousands of pounds' and that number of targets will rise substantially, certainly costing much more than their prize money would cover. You might want to ring NHS Direct and see if they can recommend anything to cure your sour grapes and that chip on your shoulder. :hmm:

Read. If you DID, you would know this was a once-upon-a-time long-time A-classer who presently, likes to float like a butterfly in C-class, turn one good score (eg AA-class standard, unbelievably different from his 'average') on one shoot a year, to get some pretty substantial C-class prizes, then immediately manage down their score from B-class - as ironically, doing a AA-class shoot on the compy in question somewhat inconveniently pushes that shooter back up to B-class. It takes a following 2 CPSA class adjustments (eg 1 year) to get back down into C-class, which as it happens, is 1st June - on the day of a certain major competition and very convenient for the shooter in question.

Not a chip on my shoulder mate, I'm AA and don't even look there, but I do hate seeing genuine beginners ripped off.

Frankly, how dare you slag me off like that. No wonder people are afraid to speak out at obvious cheating. yeah, it takes a bit of effort and digging to expose it, but just letting this go on-and-on seems wrong.

Edited by Chokemeister