Lanber Model Number

Jbwuk

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a Lanber Multiechoke o/u, unfortunately i dont know the mode number. i have read around the net and found a way of understanding the serial number, but my serial number is laid out differently.

my number goes like: ****** 12-70 (serial blanked out)

Now i know that 12 is the gauge and 70 is the chamber size, correct? but i do not understand the rest.

I also have marking on the barrel (imagine pointing the gun away from you to shoot something)

On the left hand side of the barrel:

Top Barrel - 18.5

Bottom Barrel - 1470 gmos 18.5 1.2

On the Right hand side of the barrel:

Top Barrel - 3 symbols 1200Kp/cm2

Bottom Barrel - 3 symbols 1200Kp/cm2

Now im guessing the barrel markings are the Proofing numbers?

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Regards

Jon

post-56629-0-24883200-1338229538.jpg

Edited by Jbwuk

Taken from one of my earlier posts

I have a Lanber Sport Delux and if you look at the serial number it tells you all you need to know.

The number shoutd read 13-03-Serial number-date number-12-76. This breaks down as

13 - Lanber makers code

03 - Type of firearm in this case a shotgun

Serial number - pretty obvious

Date number - last two digits of date of manufacture i.e 98=1998,99=1999,00=2000,01-2001 etc..

12 - 12 Gauge

76 - Length of chamber in this case 76mm (3inch)

Also if you sent the serial number to GMK who import them they will confirm it for you.

If it is steel shot proof it will have the Fluer du Lys on the barrels. Mines is a 2002 and has 3 inch chambers but doesn't have the fleur de lys on it.

Thanks alot, But unfortunately i do not have that many numbers where the serial is i only have 6 digits plus 2 digits forthe Gauge and 2 for the Chamber size.

jon

Edited by Jbwuk

email the serial number to gmk who import them and they will tell you model number etc. I believe yours is an older serial number from mine.

Thank you very much, i have contacted them now.

Much appreciated

Hi Jonathon

I also own a Lanber with a very similar Serial No. to yours.

12bore 70mm chamber etc.

I've also been along exactly the same questioning route, .... Google searches and contacting GMK ( who where brilliant trying to date the Gun )

Ive personally now , not worried about its age ( local Gunshop said its c1990 ) just enjoying shooting it.

Mines a fixed choke @ 1/4" 1/2" , Its wonderfull to shoot , so to me its age is now immaterial.

Happy Shooting :good:

Cheers Rich

PS~ you could always contact Lanber ( Spain ) for its age

I've one the same.It's a Lanber Sporting Delux.

AFAIK the first four digits are the serial number,the next two digits give the year (eg 94),followed by the gauge (eg 12) and chamber size (eg 70).

Hi there

That doesn't really work for this earlier type of Lanber Serial Numbers as it would make mine a 1922 year gun

Spain only integrated the manufacturing dates into their serial number from 1995 according to the Literature I was given from GMK.

http://www.shotguns.se/html/spain.html

Edited by RedRobin

Ive personally now , not worried about its age ( local Gunshop said its c1990 ) just enjoying shooting it.

Mines a fixed choke @ 1/4" 1/2" , Its wonderfull to shoot , so to me its age is now immaterial.

I'm the same as yourself, I've had mine 17 years,and I just love shooting with it. I've been tempted to change several times,but in the end, couldn't part with it.

I've got a Lanber with the same type of serial number and I had to date the gun from the proof marks that were located on the barrel.

I stand corrected. :blush:

Just checked the proof marks on mine,and it looks like mine's a '88 rather than a '94.

Thanks for the info lads. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...