eBay pigeon shooting

matt24584

Yeah I agree with Cosd Matt, ProTom could be your man. He's not too far from you based near Lincoln. I've had a day with him myself and he's a top bloke and if I could have shot straight would have had a tidy bag too :good:

If you keep your eye out in the shooting/beating/ available section Toms been advertising days out recently, infact I'm gunna spaek to him about a day myself as my permissions dry at the moment.

Good luck mate

Gutted I have recently enquired about this shoot, no info back yet but I'd be interested to hear your experiences

Dan

Take a chance if you wish... I was bought a day with Tony as a gift. My mate came with me. For £40 a head we got lied to( told the maize hadn't been shot, found out later some other clients shot there two days before), couldn't get hold of the bloke when we wanted to move fields because he was at the dentist (!)and were told we might shoot a few pigeons if we stood in this wood- where no pigeons came.

Also, i'd at least like a guide who knew a bit a pigeon shooting- Tony didn't really seem to.

:hmm: ok my name is Dan I'm 25 from Kent 6ft tall, dark hair, blue eyes. In no way associated to the shoot in question just a Kentish lad looking for somewhere to shoot as you will see from previous posts

Thanks

Though Leeds Chimp has been known for grooming, I think he meant tell himm about your shooting experience. How long you been shooting, what experience do you have, are you insured etc.

If in fact he was checking you out for a date I apologise.

Cos

not wanting to start a big debate but,,, ive put a few people onto tony the game keeper at attleborough and ive never herd a bad word about him ive shot there loads of times ,there are 1000s of birds about and can be good shooting,the estate is huge and they take all there shoot management very seriously and the fee is slightly higher then some but still fair

tony has been keeper there for years and knows his job and land well ,lets all remember pigeons are wild birds and there feeding habits seem to be varied at the minute

not wanting to start a big debate but,,, ive put a few people onto tony the game keeper at attleborough and ive never herd a bad word about him ive shot there loads of times ,there are 1000s of birds about and can be good shooting,the estate is huge and they take all there shoot management very seriously and the fee is slightly higher then some but still fair

tony has been keeper there for years and knows his job and land well ,lets all remember pigeons are wild birds and there feeding habits seem to be varied at the minute

Just ask motty about tony terry the keeper at besthorp hall estate Attleborough norfolk, selling pigeon shooting on evil bay.

All he wants is your money, he did the same to me as he did to motty "never again" :no:

I'm not saying everyone would have a bad experience, but i expected a lot more. My mate had to pay his £40 at the end of the day. He wasn't going to pay until i persuaded him, i think he would've rather paid Tony with his fists.

If you've travelled 50 or 100 miles to be put on a field that has been very recently shot and then have your phone calls and texts ignored( we wanted to move)while the person is at the dentist, then you wouldn't be happy. Then (after telling us he would be 15 minutes) the bloke is over 3/4 of an hour, you can understand the frustration.

Tony had a chance to redeem himself at the end of the day. We thought if we could get some decent roost shooting, that would send us home happy.He put is in a crappy little spinney and said ' you might get a few shots in here'. PATHETIC!

So, a poor service and excuses all round.

I'm not saying everyone would have a bad experience, but i expected a lot more. My mate had to pay his £40 at the end of the day. He wasn't going to pay until i persuaded him, i think he would've rather paid Tony with his fists.

If you've travelled 50 or 100 miles to be put on a field that has been very recently shot and then have your phone calls and texts ignored( we wanted to move)while the person is at the dentist, then you wouldn't be happy. Then (after telling us he would be 15 minutes) the bloke is over 3/4 of an hour, you can understand the frustration.

Tony had a chance to redeem himself at the end of the day. We thought if we could get some decent roost shooting, that would send us home happy.He put is in a crappy little spinney and said ' you might get a few shots in here'. PATHETIC!

So, a poor service and excuses all round.

i can totaly understand your frustration,we all have bad days, all i can say is ive never had a problem ,happy hunting :good:

I have taken one or two people for a bit of Pigeon shooting on my shoot but its always made clear that there is no guarantee's or promises of good bags, or even a shot. If they are willing to travel however far, on the risk of not seeing or shooting anything, then I owe that person nothing. Incidentally I have never charged anyone anything.

The point I am making is that once people start paying you, then you are all of a sudden under pressure to provide them some shooting. If you are picking up a few quid you have to be good at what you do, and do your best to get the paying punter shooting and not just drop them off and say see you at 5pm! We all know that some days thats not possible, we all have spells when we have no birds. If you pay your money you have a right to value for money. That includes a decent guide who will do his very best to get you in the shooting and not just take you hard earned cash.

Some of the prices I have seen seem a lot of money, but if you can go home saying its money well spent then you have obviously got a good guide.

I have read a similar thread to this a few times now and thought I would share my experience.

I had a day with Tony at christmas. I arrived early and we drove around looking for pigeons for a while and they were not really feeding on anything in particular. I was told he supplied all the gear and no need to bring my own. He set me up on a field of set aside. As the sun climbed, it was straight in my eyes and I could not see out of the hide. I packed up and moved myself to the other side of the field. As far as supplying the kit, he actually had just one rotary and some old cam netting. And the battery was flat, so he left me in the field until 11am by myself. I actually had a dozen shells in my bag, which i put out and started to shoot a few. The birds didnt decoy but some came close enough for a shot. They were flying over the hide to a wood in the distance to feed on ivy berries. I ended up with 30 hard fought for birds. Despite the faults of the day, I enjoyed it but am sure there are better. However, I have contacted a guide on here a few times on his website, phone and PM and he has never replied. At least Tony replied!

My Son and I had a day at Attleborough with Tony - when the shooting was cr*p at home - and we found him a very helpful guy. Even if you have a huge estate you simply can't guarantee a day full of sport. But we felt Tony worked well to do his best to give us a good day - moving us a couple of times through the day to keep us on the birds.

Was it a day FULL of sport - no. But we did get 40 or so shots and hit a good few.

Tony is an experienced gamekeeper and extremely pleasant to deal with - he treats you as he would a client on a formal driven day, with respect. He has good local knowledge of where the birds have been, knows the basics and his kit is sufficient - we felt it was a reasonable buy for the money (£70 for the two of us).

My only suggestion to Tony to improve the days would be more attention to flight lines - if he understood and used them more then I'm sure he'd get better results.

Steve