£50 million on what for Gods sake.

Jega

Bleddy hell fire how the hell did these clowns manage to spend /waste £50 million on the shambles that is "Woolwich " barracks shooting ground ?

This months sporting gun magazine has an article and pictures of the place ,temporary fencing ,portacabins,no cover on ANY of the shooting stands (pray it doesnt rain ) no covers over the temporary grandstand .Yet still they manage to blow the £50 million on it .

Heaven only knows what sort of shoddy standard of materials and workmanship has been used ,but as it will all be torn down the day after the games finish i dont suppose that aspect really matters that much.

Some legacy for shooting in the U.K.

£50 MILLION unbelievable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shooters that have used it seem to like it. If the ranges were covered nobody would be able to see what's going on. I agree that it's a wicked waste of money though, given the fact none of us will ever get to use it.

Oh come on, you know full well where the money went along with the other millions that have been spent. Straight into someone's back pocket.

The whole farce is just a money making scam, just another way of taking taxpayers money and putting it in personal accounts.

It should have been invested at Bisley!

Well said that man!! never shot at Bisely and probably never will but to spend 50 million quid on a temporary shooting ground is pure bonkers!!! :no:???:mad: :blink:

Edited by beeredup

It's obscene that this much public money is spent on a facility that is to be pulled down immediately after the games.

£50 million spent on the National Shooting Centre at Bisley would, I imagine, have made it a world class facility. The usual prejudices and hysterical emotions about anything to do with "guns" is at the centre of the reason for this waste of money of course.

Shame on all of them who are responsible for this.

Ask Lord Coe to account for the costings!

You will never get an answer to where the money has been spent and you will never see an accounts sheet.

What Honour will we bestow on Lord Coe when it's all history?

i doubt he will give a flyin **** when he his sat under a palm tree on his private island bought with all the cash leached out of the olympic fund!!!

'ask them to press for the accounts to be made public.'

I think that you will find slippery Sebastian has that one covered!

They have formed a private company and are under no obligation to publish their accounts!

The way that LOCOG have behaved it would make a wonderful Paxman or Dimbleby interview.

I wonder how involved Murdoch is in LOCOG?

Or has Sebastian made hay whilst Murdoch deflected the heat?

Obviously if we have a Medal haul, Coe will be Sainted, but if the British Olympic team fail, watch the sensational Press stories of waste and corruption, then we will have another public enquiry that will waste more £millions.

'ask them to press for the accounts to be made public.'

Obviously if we have a Medal haul, Coe will be Sainted, but if the British Olympic team fail, watch the sensational Press stories of waste and corruption, then we will have another public enquiry that will waste more £millions.

yup if we do well with the medals the press will as you say will create Saint Seb!! but if we fail i am sure there will be some dagger flying his way from the press! i think the olympics and the world cup are the two most corrupt pocket lining schemes in sport! and have very little left to do with the sport!!

But if enough folk push their MP to raise questions it will bring the deceit and fraud out into the open. Once the papers see that it's going to be a good story they won't let it drop, they'll go raking amongst the dirt until they find something.

This needs to be out in the open, not just the shooting side of it, the whole damned lot needs to be aired.

It should have been invested at Bisley!

They wouldn't have to have invested a penny. there are already superb international standard clay facilities at Bisley. Thats why everyone was mystified, more than mystified, when the Olympic organisers wouldn't even consider using them.

Edited by Vince Green

They've done the same with the horse trials....There having them at Greenwich park which holds 55,000ppl when Badminton,Burghley could quite easily accommodate 100,000+...Both are World class facilities,already proven to be a 4* venue...With all the infrastructure in place to handle such an event...

There having to use a concrete lined paddling pool at Greenwich as one of the water obstacles in the cross country....Far from ideal...

Its not just shooters that are getting short changed...

Why would they want to invest money in giving the rest of the country top class 'country sports' arena's that would benefit 1000's when they could waste all the money in London where most people think a choke was what was fitted to their car 20 years ago.

The whole thing stinks and I couldn't get any tickets to see any shooting sports....not exactly the 100m final is it.

Edited by Livefast123