£50 million on what for Gods sake.

Jega

Bob,

I support you and applaud your enthusiasm. Without volunteer help and enthusiasm from people such as you we would have no sport.

What angers me is the organisations who should be running our sports are often led by individuals who see an opportunity to abuse goodwill. Most fulltime employees of the National associations are attending these events as part of their employment role, being paid circa £25-30K per annum + car + expenses and then they delegate the work to volunteers whilst they then front of house profile.

I know for a fact that they also then have time off in leau for weekend working.

On the subject of shooting disciplines being attractive to the general public, it would be extremely easy to provide a discipline like The White Gold Cup tournaments that would easily overcome the target presentation difficulties, could be made equal and fair to every competitor, be contained within an arena, and I am sure made very enjoyable to spectator and competitor.

What is shocking is the amount of funding that has been given to shooting athletes and managers, only for them to fail to qualify or to give reasonable levels of performance.Remember many of these have been funded for over eight years or more.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleddy hell fire how the hell did these clowns manage to spend /waste £50 million on the shambles that is "Woolwich " barracks shooting ground ?

This months sporting gun magazine has an article and pictures of the place ,temporary fencing ,portacabins,no cover on ANY of the shooting stands (pray it doesnt rain ) no covers over the temporary grandstand .Yet still they manage to blow the £50 million on it .

Heaven only knows what sort of shoddy standard of materials and workmanship has been used ,but as it will all be torn down the day after the games finish i dont suppose that aspect really matters that much.

Some legacy for shooting in the U.K.

£50 MILLION unbelievable.

I would like to see the balance sheet with everything itemised

Mick