Cajun style pigeon kebabs

pin

Out shooting last night, a few good sized birds and a starving shooter. I needed something quick and I fancied spicy, so I invented something. Really you want to make up the rub ahead of time, and you really want to let the pigeon marinate for longer than I did.

Make up the rub with the dry stuff.

Paprika

Salt

Garlic Powder

Dried Thyme Leaves

Dried Oregano

Onion Powder

Cayenne Pepper

White Pepper

Black Pepper

Really didn't pay attention to the quantities, but taste it, see what it needs :P

Breast off the birds and add to a sturdy food bag, squeeze in the juice of one lime a good punch of tabasco a little dark soy, tip in the dry ingredients and add sufficient olive oil so you get enough moisture in there to form a coarse marinade. You don't want this too runny at all.

Fridge that for at least 2 hours, I tend to get the bag out and work the marinade round, returning to the fridge after.

Cook on a griddle pan, george formby grill (best) or just in a fry pan. How long to do them depends on what you like, in the george grill I do 4 mins which seems to be perfect. Cover them when they come off the grill (silver foil) and allow to rest for a good 5 mins, makes them juicy and tender :blink: Cube ready for the kebab :lol:

Serve with a decent onion salad, fresh tomato cubes and if you fancy it a little youghurt and mint dressing. Split the pittas and eat like a drunk in a kebab shop ;)

Delish :good:

[quote name='king ratcatcher' post='203557' date='Aug 9 2006, 11:10 AM']Sounds nice, pins pigeon pittas :lol:[/quote]

Remove the oregano and replace with Parsley...

Try smoked paprika over the normal variety........REALLY NICE....

Add some roasted peppers to your salsa, skins peeled after they have blackend and sliced nice and fine, little bit of cubed buffalo mozzerella, quick drizzle of olive oil....

JOB DONE.........

Fingers crossed that Ill have a few birds down on the weekend to fill the freezer up........