Thinking of leaving this Forum

deputy dog

Been on PW a while now . There is a small minority of people who like to bitch and criticize but no more than before and certainly less than the bitch fests on the other forums .Some cannot help themselves and a few may be just plain weird or stupid . The fishing forums are rank with it . The answer is to treat people as decently as you would in real life .Be prepared however for the bums who just do not know how to behave . Don,t let them ruin your forum .

ps . You only have to involve yourself as much as you want to . Contribute or just read the posts , no obligation to get caught up in anything. Stay aboard .

Edited by vole

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A PM to the mods for a name to be listed for votes would work. Then each complaint could be logged and when the agreed number was reached, out they'd go?

We could call it the X(member) FACTOR. The mods could appear live on a panel on a Saturday night and cast their votes to whoops and boooo's from the PW massif. :lol:

I've been on coming up to 4 years now and still think of myself as a new newbie, but I honestly don't think it is any worse than when I joined.

As someone pointed out, if you put any group of people together you are going to get arguments and disagreements; and a mix of good and bad people. Put them on the internet and it is just magnified.

I think most people try and help genuine questions and there are some who just like to argue. Always has been and always will be.

Just enjoy the good and either ignor or laugh at the bad :good:

Edit: forgot to add, although I haven't made it to any of the larger organised meets yet, I have still meet some great people in real life through the forum.

Edited by HW682

i HAVE TO ADMIT _ IVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR AND I WOULDNT DREAM OF POSTING ANYTHING DUE TO THE ABUSE I'D GET. THE MORE I READ ON HERE THE LESS I WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE SHOOTING FRATERNITY. i'M ONLY POSTING THIS COS i'LL PROBABLY NEVER COME BACK. UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL. AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE DIVIDED GROUP.

i HAVE TO ADMIT _ IVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR AND I WOULDNT DREAM OF POSTING ANYTHING DUE TO THE ABUSE I'D GET. THE MORE I READ ON HERE THE LESS I WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE SHOOTING FRATERNITY. i'M ONLY POSTING THIS COS i'LL PROBABLY NEVER COME BACK. UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL. AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE DIVIDED GROUP.

Don't be like that fella, feel the man love :wub:

Am I the only one thinking "So What" ? I really like the forum, I learn a lot from some very experienced members, but if someone takes the mickey or even insults me here it's not the end of the world.

I've flounced off a forum before on a point of principle, but I soon learned it's a waste of time flouncing in cyberspace - nobody gives a toss.

Some threads are locked and there is no indication of the mod who locked it.On others that are locked a mod may say why and then lock a thread.

I would like to see which mod locks each thread.Only to be fair and everyone can judge if a mod is being fair towards someone or unfair to a particular person. :yes:

Some threads are locked and there is no indication of the mod who locked it.On others that are locked a mod may say why and then lock a thread.

I would like to see which mod locks each thread.Only to be fair and everyone can judge if a mod is being fair towards someone or unfair to a particular person. :yes:

blimey we get enough grief as it is, without being personally named.

Actually I'll take back some of what I said earlier. This forum has got worse in one way... the Fri/Sat night "I'm leaving!" threads just aren't as good as they used to be :no:

Shot-string anyone? :lol:

Actually I'll take back some of what I said earlier. This forum has got worse in one way... the Fri/Sat night "I'm leaving!" threads just aren't as good as they used to be :no:

Shot-string anyone? :lol:

have one from today ;)

IMG_0025.jpg

blimey we get enough grief as it is, without being personally named.

You lock a thread for a reason, as the mod who locked it you should give your reason for doing so.

I would have thought that was common courtesy??

Respect works two ways. Members to mods, mods to members.

I think mods do usually give a reason for locking threads, often after a warning telling people to grow up. It's generally fairly obvious if they don't give a reason.

I know I keep saying this, but I think they do a great job. :good:

I like this forum, it does annoy me at times too and leaving has crossed my mind a couple of times. I do not like those that tell others what they can't do (I don't mean from a legal point of view, I mean where they are making assumptions, and voicing their opinion as fact regarding what should or should not be done). I also really don't like it when people resort to personal insults, or generally being nasty.

I also really don't like all the police officers on here who will never accept that the police have ever done any wrong, that they could in any way be corrupt, or that they aren't experts at everything.

But really, it's just a forum. If someone annoys you, you can point out their mistakes, or give your opinion, or you can ignore it. It's a person on the other side of the country, who you might never meet, who has a different opinion. So what?

I quite like helping newbies out, and I feel that advise should always be given if appropriate even if it is a little off-topic. People shouldn't jump down people's throats, simply point something out.

Brilliant forum. Well balanced, informative, educational, funny, fantastic bickering posts which sometimes surprise me as to who actually gets drawn in by them... blah dee blah..

Mods do enough as it is so lets leave them as they are.

zapp and vole are right, I couldn't agree more..

Self control, yup, that is what you need. No one is forced to view this site, to initiate or respond to posts.

That said, I'm leaving, no I'm not, yes I am, well I'll think about it..

See you tomorrow..

Edited by Jim Sarakun