Jubilee & 2012 in general

CZ550Kevlar

How is it the country has gone mad with this jubilee things? i`m meant to be happy and celebrate the fact she has been in power or whatever it is for 60 years but i fail to see how or why i should be happy? personally speaking i couldn`t care less, is there anyone else that just wishes 2012 would be over with and roll on 2013 so that the Euro cup, olympics and jubilee will be done with.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving out through the villages and the sight of all the bunting and Union Jacks stirred something in me. I felt very very proud. Of what I don't know exactly but the eyes of the world will be on us the next few days and we'll show them our mettle.

God save the queen!

And Phil :good:

How is it the country has gone mad with this jubilee things? i`m meant to be happy and celebrate the fact she has been in power or whatever it is for 60 years but i fail to see how or why i should be happy? personally speaking i couldn`t care less, is there anyone else that just wishes 2012 would be over with and roll on 2013 so that the Euro cup, olympics and jubilee will be done with.

I bet you are a bundle of fun at christmas too!! BAAAA HUMBUG! :D

One of the last thing Britain does well is pomp and ceremony, Glad that the last 2 years have shown the windsors in a better light than they have been! I've a few jobs on for Monday and tuesday so no enjoying a holiday as such but will still raise a glass to "HMR"!!

I am full of admiration for the Queen and we are holding a street party on Monday. I am getting a bit fed up with the Olympic torch and just want the games to start and I couldn't care a less about the football.

The jubilee is something we can all be proud of.

Harry

I bet you are a bundle of fun at christmas too!! BAAAA HUMBUG! :D

Nah Christmas is cool, even though father christmas costs me more money than the queen.

As i said i just don`t get it, i never paid any attention to the royals or gave a monkeys about them just like virtually everyone else in the country, now all of a sudden they give a monkeys for 4 days then come Wednesday it will be back to normal.

I`d rather have the queen as my sovreign than Sadam, him in Syria or any other despot. We could be alot worse off.

Other than the above i quite agree the rest apart from my turning 50. Life for me begins here .

I was driving out through the villages and the sight of all the bunting and Union Jacks stirred something in me. I felt very very proud. Of what I don't know exactly but the eyes of the world will be on us the next few days and we'll show them our mettle.

God save the queen!

And Phil :good:

:good: Well said!

We live in a country with a head of state that is respected throughout the world,who has dedicated her self to this country,and has a workload that would make a person half her age think twice,she is Great Britain,and without her we would have a president,how does President blair sound?

A couple of days to show this country to the rest of the world with all our pomp and pagentry,some thing the americans cannot equel,and are envious of,it will not happen again in your life time,chill ,enjoy,marvel at a country that has a Head that still believes in Her Country.This is a time where the focus is on the Queen,not a smarmy politician feeding you packs of lies.

God Bless Queen Elizabeth the second,long may she reign.

We live in a country with a head of state that is respected throughout the world,who has dedicated her self to this country,and has a workload that would make a person half her age think twice,she is Great Britain,and without her we would have a president,how does President blair sound?

A couple of days to show this country to the rest of the world with all our pomp and pagentry,some thing the americans cannot equel,and are envious of,it will not happen again in your life time,chill ,enjoy,marvel at a country that has a Head that still believes in Her Country.This is a time where the focus is on the Queen,not a smarmy politician feeding you packs of lies.

:good::good::good:

for those who dont like the royal family there are plenty of options. emigrate is a good one. bye!

Who do you think you are? i said i don`t get the jump on the band wagon jubilee thing, and yes push comes to shove i`ll be on the short back and sides brigade side, rather than your girly hippy locks side.

How is it the country has gone mad with this jubilee things? i`m meant to be happy and celebrate the fact she has been in power or whatever it is for 60 years but i fail to see how or why i should be happy?.

Because she's been on the throne for 60 years! Christ on a bike it dont happen very often so just let her have her day.

For all the jubilee haters out there-i bet you're taking advantage of the four day weekend.If you feel so strongly about it you should really be working for a charity on tuesday for nothing since you're being paid by your employer for something you dont agree with (unless you're self employed of course and then its tough luck).

Edited by Imperfection

Well put :good:

renaming Big Ben the Elizabeth Tower, i think not.

Big Ben is the name of the bell. The clock tower is the name of the tower.

I like the idea of Big Ben being inside Elizabeth's tower!

Do I have to leave now of apologise for causing others to go?

Lampy

renaming Big Ben the Elizabeth Tower, i think not.

Is that a dig or real? Surely you cannot just change the name of a national monument. :unsure:

Like someone else said it's a tradition we do well - all the bumpff.

My glass shall be raised if i'm ever alowed down the pub today :drinks:

EDIT:

Big Ben is the name of the bell. The clock tower is the name of the tower.

I like the idea of Big Ben being inside Elizabeth's tower!

Do I have to leave now of apologise for causing others to go?

Lampy

And next time I shall read the next page :rolleyes:

Edited by -oXo-

Im just not bothered about the whole thing, it just seems to be people prattling on about something "special" when its just another day but with some flags. It also feels like the powers that be are distracting the peons from all the problems this country has by putting on a "show" at their expense.