Son can' get an insurance refund to his account

Conygree

My son is due a large insurance refund from his cancelled motor policy, but the insurance company 'claim' to have transfered the money to his bank account but on checking the bank account nothing has been transfered. After checking with the bank he went back to the 'on line insurance company' who claim, from their screen they claim it shows it's been paying into his bank account but nothing has been paid in to date - what can he do to get the money he is due. Help please.

a direct refund can take 19 working days, don't ask me why but it what i have to tell customers when they cancel policies.

Many thanks - as I lent him the money, it would be me that looses out. That's why I needed some advise on how to proceed.

My son is due a large insurance refund from his cancelled motor policy, but the insurance company 'claim' to have transfered the money to his bank account but on checking the bank account nothing has been transfered. After checking with the bank he went back to the 'on line insurance company' who claim, from their screen they claim it shows it's been paying into his bank account but nothing has been paid in to date - what can he do to get the money he is due. Help please.

I had the EXACT same thing done to me from Admiral. After 14 days(!!!) of them saying that they DID refund the money, I told them I spoke to my credit card company and they confirmed that no money had been transfered and that they would start a dispute with the regulator. They called me within 10 minutes to say that they had made a mistake. Next morning I had the money in my account.

they do this so you forget about it, and if you do not at least they have gained some interest on YOUR money...