Tx200 Hc

Nescafem

Is it fitted with a Silencer if so the pellets might be clipping the Silencer and giving you flyers take it of and try it :good: .

What pellets are you using cheap pellets are inconsistent and give you poor groups :no: .

Try RWS superdome or superfield. Is this a new gun if so it will take 500 pellets through it just to bed it in and lead the Barrel. :yes:

If its a second hand gun try cleaning the Barrel and check the crown of the Barrel for damage put a cotton bud in the end of the Barrel if it pulls any bits of cotton off the bud it needs re-crowning. :yes:

The TX200 is a very good springer and very accurate it will be something simple. :thumbs:

If you don`t have a crono you could take it to a gun shop and ask them to try it through there crono to see what its doing power wise and is it giving consistent power shot after shot. :good:

Have you checked the scope mounts and scope to make sure nothing is moving between shots. :hmm:

Make sure the mount screws and scope clamps are all tight. It might be an idea to re-mount the scope then you know its right. :good:

I would look at the scope first then the Silencer i have had them do this in the past and its useally the scope if not its pellets clipping the Silencer or the pellets them selves that don`t suit the gun Barrel. :thumbs:

Hope this helps you sort it. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot: .

Hi mate

I've just bought one of these in 177 and getting really great results with AA fields at 35-40 yards. However the groupings were inconsistent when I used the cheap ammo given to me with the rifle when I bought it.

AA's worked for me, but might not work for you. It's just that you have to go through that annoying process of finding the right pellet for that particular rifle.

You can't go wrong with the TX200HC mate, I'm loving mine. Like the lads said above, check the silencer if you have one, find the right pellets and you've got yourself a cracking hunting springer.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on :good:

Hedd

Hi mate

I've just bought one of these in 177 and getting really great results with AA fields at 35-40 yards. However the groupings were inconsistent when I used the cheap ammo given to me with the rifle when I bought it.

AA's worked for me, but might not work for you. It's just that you have to go through that annoying process of finding the right pellet for that particular rifle.

You can't go wrong with the TX200HC mate, I'm loving mine. Like the lads said above, check the silencer if you have one, find the right pellets and you've got yourself a cracking hunting springer.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on :good:

Hedd

The aa fields seem to be pretty accurate in most guns ive seen and when i was testing a starter pack to see what pellets were best i nearlly had a heart attack when i compared the groups i got with apparently good pellets to that of the aa fields. The fields produced a group about a tenth of the size of the original pellets, however they were napier uph :no: .

If everything else seems to be fine may i suggest that you use this site when testing other pellets. It means you dont have to pay for whole tins and was very helpful when i used it. Its http://pelletperfect.co.uk/ :good:

Guys thank you all for the great advices.I have bought this gun in second hand,And the chronos was 685fps with Jsb exacts 13.43grains.I have used Rws,AA field and crosman but the jsb exact seems to be the best.A barrel damage might be in the past but dont know how to check or recognize it :no: And another thing might be the silencer issue will check this aswell :good:

I have finally tested the rifle today without the silencer.Man it was as accurate as my Hw97 and i have never seen before :yes: So if the silencer causes this issue why AA still putting this on their rifles? :hmm:

Not sure mate, to be honest I find them to be pretty quiet without the silencer so I won't be buying one.

Its a very common problem all it is that the Silencer is slightly out of line with the Barrel so your pellets are clipping the Silencer. :yes:

Get yourself some knitting needles 4.5 mm for .177 and 5.5mm for .22 put your Silencer on the Barrel nice and tight and feed the needle down the silencer and in to the Barrel so the needle is in line with the bore of the Barrel place the gun upright vertical. :yes:

There should be a gap all round the needle and the hole in the end cap of the Silencer. :yes:

If its touching the Silencer its out of line and must have been knocked or bent. :w00t:

You can try another Silencer or drill it out a bit with a 6mm or 8mm drill bit. You will have to drill the end cap and the Baffles for a better clearance for the pellet to pass through. :yes:

I had a two peace Parker Hale Silencer on a Daystate Huntsman it had 10 Baffles in the first section and 18 Baffles in the second part and it was badly bent. :sick:

So i had to drill it out to 10 MM end cap and all the Baffles. :cry1:

To my surprise the gun shoots at 11.8 ftlb and is almost Silent even with the Silencer drilled out and no more pellets clipping the Silencer it puts pellet on top of pellet at 30 yds. :yahoo:

Hope this helps. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Its a very common problem all it is that the Silencer is slightly out of line with the Barrel so your pellets are clipping the Silencer. :yes:

Get yourself some knitting needles 4.5 mm for .177 and 5.5mm for .22 put your Silencer on the Barrel nice and tight and feed the needle down the silencer and in to the Barrel so the needle is in line with the bore of the Barrel place the gun upright vertical. :yes:

There should be a gap all round the needle and the hole in the end cap of the Silencer. :yes:

If its touching the Silencer its out of line and must have been knocked or bent. :w00t:

You can try another Silencer or drill it out a bit with a 6mm or 8mm drill bit. You will have to drill the end cap and the Baffles for a better clearance for the pellet to pass through. :yes:

I had a two peace Parker Hale Silencer on a Daystate Huntsman it had 10 Baffles in the first section and 18 Baffles in the second part and it was badly bent. :sick:

So i had to drill it out to 10 MM end cap and all the Baffles. :cry1:

To my surprise the gun shoots at 11.8 ftlb and is almost Silent even with the Silencer drilled out and no more pellets clipping the Silencer it puts pellet on top of pellet at 30 yds. :yahoo:

Hope this helps. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Thanx for the info mate :rolleyes: Now im looking for a silencer which fits to Tx200hc perfectly and does not effect the performance :good:

Guys thank you all for the great advices.I have bought this gun in second hand,And the chronos was 685fps with Jsb exacts 13.43grains.I have used Rws,AA field and crosman but the jsb exact seems to be the best.A barrel damage might be in the past but dont know how to check or recognize it :no: And another thing might be the silencer issue will check this aswell :good:

Thats sounding a bit fast. Try a proven good scope before going any further, more likely is a scope or mounting issue. Next a previous user bodge up TX barrel can become loose were they meet the action that is were i should look if its consistant over the chrono

Thats sounding a bit fast. Try a proven good scope before going any further, more likely is a scope or mounting issue. Next a previous user bodge up TX barrel can become loose were they meet the action that is were i should look if its consistant over the chrono

Today im convinced that the silencer is causing this issue.When i took it off and shoot many times at 50-70yards the accuracy was amazing.But i need a silencer for hunting purposes coz its a bit loud :blush:

Today im convinced that the silencer is causing this issue.When i took it off and shoot many times at 50-70yards the accuracy was amazing.But i need a silencer for hunting purposes coz its a bit loud :blush:

I admit the shots may be loud but how loud is the cocking action. If thats louder dont bother getting one because even if there is a chance at a second shot the cocking noise generally get rid of that. Unless youve got really thick rabbits :P

Just drill your old Silencer out with a 6 MM or 8 MM drill so the pellets have plenty of clearance and don`t clip the Silencer if it is a little bit louder and you can`t live with it then buy a new one but you could still have the same problem with a new Silencer. :wacko:

I have drilled a lot of Silencers out that have been clipping pellets and the gun hasn`t been any louder. :good:

If its the Threads on the end of your Barrel that are slightly out then a new Silencer will clip the pellets just the same. :sad1:

If your Silencer is the type that just has wadding or felt inside and no Baffles you only need to drill out the end cap and possibly a washer in the middle simplesss :yahoo:

685 fps that is fast is it over 12 ftlb ?????????

I use a cromby crono that gives me it in ftlb but that sounds to fast in .22 cal :hmm:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Just drill your old Silencer out with a 6 MM or 8 MM drill so the pellets have plenty of clearance and don`t clip the Silencer if it is a little bit louder and you can`t live with it then buy a new one but you could still have the same problem with a new Silencer. :wacko:

I have drilled a lot of Silencers out that have been clipping pellets and the gun hasn`t been any louder. :good:

If its the Threads on the end of your Barrel that are slightly out then a new Silencer will clip the pellets just the same. :sad1:

If your Silencer is the type that just has wadding or felt inside and no Baffles you only need to drill out the end cap and possibly a washer in the middle simplesss :yahoo:

685 fps that is fast is it over 12 ftlb ?????????

I use a cromby crono that gives me it in ftlb but that sounds to fast in .22 cal :hmm:

We have 80ftlb Daystate air rangers here. :good: My Tx200hc .22 is the fac model no limitations at the moment :yes: I need a professional to drill it for me coz its a plastic and i can easly break it :rolleyes:

I admit the shots may be loud but how loud is the cocking action. If thats louder dont bother getting one because even if there is a chance at a second shot the cocking noise generally get rid of that. Unless youve got really thick rabbits :P

Yes ur right.Cocking and the bear trap noise is another issue but i love this rifle man :good: Never thinking to sell :rolleyes:

What your Silencer and the end cap are plastic not aluminium. :wacko:

I bet the inside is just wadding then. Just take your time and a good sharp drill. :yes:

And drill the end cap out if it is plastic you could open it out with a dremmel or a tapered Reamer. :good:

TOOL STATION do one its Tapered from 3 MM to 10 MM and is only £2.60. Its ideal for the job. :good:

I didn`t know it was an FAC Rifle you have. :good:

I over 30 years i have never seen a Silencer end cap like that its a weird one for sure. :o

Now i see why you are thinking of taking it some were to have it drilled. :oops:

Is there a Machine shop near you that you know of that has a lathe that would be the ideal tool for the job. :thumbs:

If not you could use a piller drill but like you say with it being plastic its how to grip it to stop it spinning whilst your drilling it. :hmm:

Would it be easier to take the rest of the Silencer body of the gun and put the end cap back in it.

Would it be easier to drill or grip the outside off the tube. :hmm:

Or is it all plastic its how to grip it without crushing it.

I think a drill will follow the hole and stay in line but i would go up slowly in drill sizes its likely to be 6 MM now so i would run a 7 MM drill through it then an 8 MM then 9MM and poss a 10 MM for plenty of clearance. Its a hard one but if you drill it slowly you should be OK.

Good luck. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

My TX200HC .22 is a 12ftlb model

And will do 620fps with 13.43g Falcon Accuracy Plus but will only group if I take this OUT of end of barrel

15052011161.jpg

Mine is exactly the same :yes: Is it possible to get the aluminium one in England ? Or another silencer which fits better? :hmm:

Have a look at Blackpool Air Rifles web site they are listing three.

1/ A new pelum insert like what you have on yours is only £7.50.

2/ A Bisley aluminium Silencer for the TX200 for £19.95. That looks a bargain.

3/ A bigger Silencer i can`t remember the make for the TX200 for £39.95.

I would have a go at drilling it now you know you can get a new pelum insert for £7.50 its no big deal if it breaks.

Hope this helps. :good:

Have a look at Blackpool Air Rifles web site they are listing three.

1/ A new pelum insert like what you have on yours is only £7.50.

2/ A Bisley aluminium Silencer for the TX200 for £19.95. That looks a bargain.

3/ A bigger Silencer i can`t remember the make for the TX200 for £39.95.

I would have a go at drilling it now you know you can get a new pelum insert for £7.50 its no big deal if it breaks.

Hope this helps. :good:

Just checking the site and they dont ship the silencers to abroad coz of British laws :no:

Edited by Nescafem

Yes ur right.Cocking and the bear trap noise is another issue but i love this rifle man :good: Never thinking to sell :rolleyes:

NO i didnt mean selling. My gun is extremely quite when fired. Lovelly hardly anything nearby can hear it. Then the pellet hits the quarry with a loud thwock (often followed by kicking) = noise. Even then if theres still a second shot i have to (probably) change position, Cock and shut the rifle and the bear traps on fenmans are notoriouslly stiff. = a lot more noise. Answer why bother with silencer. If youve got a multishot pcp then yeah silencers are worth it but in my case and many other springers cases the silencer only deals with some of the noise.

NO i didnt mean selling. My gun is extremely quite when fired. Lovelly hardly anything nearby can hear it. Then the pellet hits the quarry with a loud thwock (often followed by kicking) = noise. Even then if theres still a second shot i have to (probably) change position, Cock and shut the rifle and the bear traps on fenmans are notoriouslly stiff. = a lot more noise. Answer why bother with silencer. If youve got a multishot pcp then yeah silencers are worth it but in my case and many other springers cases the silencer only deals with some of the noise.

When hunting with Hw97 last time i shoot 4 pegions while they were feeding.None of them was disturbed and flied away :D But cannot image this with my tx200 without the silencer :good: