Tempilaq

I am about to start reloading and I am happy in all respects, but one thing I would like a few bits of info on, I will be annealing .223 and .308 I contacted Walters and Walters a UK distributor of Tempilaq , they could not help and told me to contact the states direct. The info I am after is this. What Tempilaq do I need for the neck on both the .223 and .308 and also I wish to apply some along the length of the case so that I can ensure that the heat does not travel to the base of the case and potentially cause case seperation, once annealed I will be dropping the cases into water to quench etc etc. Does anyone know the temperature ranges I need to do the neck in both calibres and also to apply along the case etc etc. Regards Gary

I am about to start reloading and I am happy in all respects, but one thing I would like a few bits of info on, I will be annealing .223 and .308 I contacted Walters and Walters a UK distributor of Tempilaq , they could not help and told me to contact the states direct. The info I am after is this. What Tempilaq do I need for the neck on both the .223 and .308 and also I wish to apply some along the length of the case so that I can ensure that the heat does not travel to the base of the case and potentially cause case seperation, once annealed I will be dropping the cases into water to quench etc etc. Does anyone know the temperature ranges I need to do the neck in both calibres and also to apply along the case etc etc. Regards Gary

Question for you Crazyfrog - why do people anneal? If your answer is to make the necks more pliable and therefore extend the life of the brass, then that is a good answer - so tell me why you think annealing the case down to the head stamp is a good idea when the rest of the reloading world will only anneal at most the neck and shoulder.

I think a little more research on your part is needed.