2012 classic

BRAD1927

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Digweed

Shot the Classic today. The most horrendous conditions I have ever shot in. The rain was torrential all day. Shot 136/150. Not bad considering the rain drops on your glasses blocked out most of your vision!

George Digweed

Shot the Classic today. The most horrendous conditions I have ever shot in. The rain was torrential all day. Shot 136/150. Not bad considering the rain drops on your glasses blocked out most of your vision!

Diggers 91%, thats one tough shoot., :o and it will be windier tomorrow. :oops: Yikes... Gulp... Sharp intake of breath. Bring it on .. from Auntie.

I shot the classic today, & shot with some old friends from "DARNN SARFF" inc George, Henry Arnold ,Jeff & Matt Bone.....we started on the Red course, stand 4 to be exact...both White standards which was a low slighly quartering L to R followed on report by a flat going away bird, deff not a stand to use to start on if you had the choice !!! :/ :/ Gerge dropped one of each there & i dropped one ;) ;).

Alas thats where my glory finished as George finished on 136 :good: :good: & i shot 104 :no: :no:

George was 5 away after 4 stands, then moved up a few rungs & continued to demolish the remaining stands inc 3 sim pairs going away low, either side of 2 trees in a dark wood, i also straightend this stand with 6 BIG zero's :no: :no:

In those conditions, which simulated sporting clays in a car wash, any scores in the mid 60's was bloody good shooting.The Blue course also through up some testing targets, but after such a drenching the general feeling was to set sail for home :good: :good:

After leaving at 5-30am to travel down & then back ooopp north in the rush hour, maybe we will have a northern event & call it the "vintage" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

All in all, a very good competition & the only real gripe was stand 14 on the RED, so much could of been done in the way of target presentations, but hey-ho !!!

Matt Hance shot 137 yesterday :blink:

I have to say that there looks to have been some great shooting in all classes :good:

The results are knocking about somewhere, and the averages are a lot higher than I thought they would be.

Perhaps it was just me and Nick :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blush:

The leader of B class is a former england sporting team member & previous classic winner from about 5 or 6 years ago from Oxford, (a tall fellow with dark curly hair, anyone remember him now ???).....

Hopefully honesty & ethics will prevail ????

He got rumbled in 2010..... :P

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/127882-clay-classic/page__view__findpost__p__1102365

The leader of B class is a former england sporting team member & previous classic winner from about 5 or 6 years ago from Oxford, (a tall fellow with dark curly hair, anyone remember him now ???).....

I remember him from a few years ago,truly outstanding shot and nice guy too :good:

I know he had a lay off to concentrate on work but just wondering how he ended up in B Class....twice :hmm:

Azzurri

I remember him from a few years ago,truly outstanding shot and nice guy too :good:

I know he had a lay off to concentrate on work but just wondering how he ended up in B Class....twice :hmm:

Azzurri

Just checked the current cpsa averages & even though he has no scores posted he is still in AAA for english sporting, the rules state that you must shoot a minimum of 300 reg targets to go down & 100 minimum to go up.

If you dont shoot any, then you stay where you were

Hi there, just reading comments on here. For what it is worth I shot 108 on the Wed and didn't go tighter than half choke. 54/54 with no probs on any of the long stuff except the real long white incommer on the red course with the looper following. Did any one find it?????

Regards, Mark

Hi there, just reading comments on here. For what it is worth I shot 108 on the Wed and didn't go tighter than half choke. 54/54 with no probs on any of the long stuff except the real long white incommer on the red course with the looper following. Did any one find it?????

Regards, Mark

I hit all the loopers and missed all the incomers :lol:

Somebody on our squad hit one of the incomers, but I don't think they knew how :P

Yep, an excellent shot, I was on the England Team with him in 2003. A really nice chap, I am not sure but i think he got wed and couldn't afford to shoot due to raising a family. He hasn't been on the "circuit" for years.A bit too honest a chap to call a sandbagger. from Auntie. :yes:

Enjoyed the "classic",in spite of the rain and galeforce winds. I managed a 44 on the red and a 43 on the blue. so 87 ex 150.not too ashamed of that as it was made extra tougher with the elements.Visited Wylie Valley on the way home and shot my worst score for years, my problem is I think i'm still 20 not 65.Hope to do better at North Wold tomorrow. from Auntie. :good: