Any Dubbers on PW?

WelshLamb

Here is my 1985 MkII Golf :) Full stainless exhaust, Cobra bucket seats, lowered 60mm over standard, and yesterday had 17" alloys shoehorned on :) !!

Also in the family we have "Gigi", my mams 1974 Bay window. Both pictured below at Bristol Volksfest yesterday! :)

90c4c3e6.jpg

5bbe9a5b.jpg

Edited by WelshLamb

Oh yeah!!!! Everyday runner is an 82 1800 GTi, 87 Transporter pick up for business use and a 63 Bus for general monging out in. I love em.

Mk1 is sadly for sale as the commuting 130 miles a day is going to kill it.

PS dig the golf by the way. I'm quite a fan of 80's hoodride. You do any shows Welsh (other than Bristol)?

post-28393-0-72834600-1339323828.jpg

post-28393-0-49050400-1339324007.jpg

post-28393-0-46308300-1339324035.jpg

Edited by ack-ack

PS dig the golf by the way. I'm quite a fan of 80's hoodride. You do any shows Welsh (other than Bristol)?

Most of them! Next one is camper jam in Weston park, then dubs at the castle in caldicot, vanfest, Oktoberfest.....

If you see me, come and say hi!

Most of them! Next one is camper jam in Weston park, then dubs at the castle in caldicot, vanfest, Oktoberfest.....

If you see me, come and say hi!

Will do. Might do Van fest this year. I got put off the shows a bit after witnessing a lot of Volks-snobbery at Big Bang a few years ago. Our informal little club of about a dozen shared a pitch with a club from the south coast. These guys were way to kool for skool and let it be known to all.That was never what the scene was meant to be about. By the end of the weekend I felt like cracking half of them. I settled for weeing on their camping chairs and their barbeque before heading home. Proper shiners.

Here is my 1985 MkII Golf :) Full stainless exhaust, Cobra bucket seats, lowered 60mm over standard, and yesterday had 17" alloys shoehorned on :) !!

Also in the family we have "Gigi", my mams 1974 Bay window. Both pictured below at Bristol Volksfest yesterday! :)

90c4c3e6.jpg

What's with all the stickers on the Golf's wing ??? saw a right old dog in a local carpark with similar on the t/gate :blink:

What's with all the stickers on the Golf's wing ??? saw a right old dog in a local carpark with similar on the t/gate :blink:

It's a dub thing, you wouldn't understand :good::lol:

That Tam, my old china, is the look.

We don't call them old dogs they are 'original, unrestored with natural patina' :lol:

We call them 'rats' ;)

Bought a 1303S about 12 months ago. It had been stripped down to metal then primed and shoved in a garage opposite me for over 20 years. The new owner of the house (grandson) didn't want it so my son and future son in law paid him £275 quid for it. We've found 3 little bits on it that we have to weld up, the largest is no bigger than a 50p piece :good:

I think they're going to finish it, sell it and buy a T4 to convert before they start to fetch stupid money. Daughter and soon to be husband (hers, not mine) can then have cheap hols whilst trying to pay a new mortgage.

Bought a 1303S about 12 months ago. It had been stripped down to metal then primed and shoved in a garage opposite me for over 20 years. The new owner of the house (grandson) didn't want it so my son and future son in law paid him £275 quid for it. We've found 3 little bits on it that we have to weld up, the largest is no bigger than a 50p piece :good:

I think they're going to finish it, sell it and buy a T4 to convert before they start to fetch stupid money. Daughter and soon to be husband (hers, not mine) can then have cheap hols whilst trying to pay a new mortgage.

Great motors, always wanted to do a German look on a 1302s. You don't see too many of them about now. The 'scene' decided 70's bugs were pants and made them undesirable resto's so sadly many have been weighed in over the years.

What's that? I'm running the stock 1.9 petrol and its killing me on fuel. What's your economy like on the 2.1?

It had a 1.9 dg carbed 78 bhp engine in it untill it dropped its water and blew a spark plug out,found it very under powered for the empty van.

Found a good low miles 2.1 dj engine (digi jet) injection 112 bhp now it keeps up with the big boys.mpg isnt the best would say between 20-26 mpg maybe :lol: .its off the road at the mo waiting for panel work and an mot not drove it for a year.

mark 3 golf tdi engine seems to be the way forward for mpg.

Economy's probably the last word to use in this case :lol:

:D Its better than my old p38 range rover 7 mpg on lpg :no:

mark 3 golf tdi engine seems to be the way forward for mpg.

Nice pointer. I posted a thread a while back to see if there were any T25 owners that had swopped lumps for economy, now I have my answer. Do they go straight in or is it an adapter job?

Re the 2.1, I think my mates Carat had one of them. Christ on a bike, that thing used to shift. He gave me a lift back from town one day and I hardly said a word all the way back. Went like stink!

Nice pointer. I posted a thread a while back to see if there were any T25 owners that had swopped lumps for economy, now I have my answer. Do they go straight in or is it an adapter job?

Re the 2.1, I think my mates Carat had one of them. Christ on a bike, that thing used to shift. He gave me a lift back from town one day and I hardly said a word all the way back. Went like stink!

Im not sure i think the gearbox could be diferent on a diesel. www.club80-90.co.uk/ may be of use. If i was sticking a diesel in it would have to be of the 130,150,180 bhp flavour from the vag group,but my skills with wires and such arnt much cop withe newer stuff.

It did-does go like stink and with lowering it and fitting real wheels and tyre's on it stick's to the tarmac round bends.

google vw t25 brickyard too

Edited by Albert 888

Yep I've always loved VW's and have battered examples 2 on the drive.

1. 2001 Mk4 Golf GTi 2.0 ( was supposed to be mine but the Mrs stole it!!) 190,000 miles

dscf8363o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. 2001 6N2 Polo 1.0 MPiiiiiiii 164,000 miles

dscf8364t.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hopefully i'm going to be doing a euro look on the Polo at some point when funds allow and the Mrs isn't looking.

Edited by Livefast123

Vee Dubs are great, love em! So far I've had;

1973 1300 beetle, seriously lowered, couldn't stand a coke can anywhere underneath it!

1979 golf gti mk1 1600,

Mk2 scirocco gti

mk1 golf 1800 gti

Mk2 golf 1800 gti 8 valve

1974 1300 beetle, again lowered, and de-trimmed

Mk2 golf gti 16 valve, big bumper model

Currently have a new scirocco as my company car, 140Tdi, flipping great, more grip than I know how to use, about 50mpg and has been bullet proof so far, 72000 miles in two years

Ped