Any Dubbers on PW?

WelshLamb

Yes I love my dubs hence my email addy is : vdub_man.................

I haveent had many but what ive had so far is:

MK2 Polo (4 speed 1ltr 3dr) blue E reg.

MK3 3DR Golf red (vrn: m964 vet)1.4 - Would love to see it still going strong

Mk4 4DR Golf Silver (vrn: s505 bmr) 1.6 - sadly writen off in an accident last year.

Currently MK5 4dr silver

:good:

I also go most years to the Vdub show at telford internationl centre and am also one of the medical team at weston park for the camper jam and should be there this year also, so pop in for a brew and say hi :good:

I had a MK1 GP Buggy. It looked a bit like this one but in red -

IMG_0965.jpg

The missus hated it, so did the kids, the garage became a playroom and the buggy had to go :/

Why did the kids hate it?? Did they get smacked in the chops by a Bumble Bee when you were giving it full chat or something? I can't imagine kids hating anything as weird as a Beach Buggy. They rock.

Why did the kids hate it?? Did they get smacked in the chops by a Bumble Bee when you were giving it full chat or something? I can't imagine kids hating anything as weird as a Beach Buggy. They rock.

It had a straight through stinger exhaust so it would wake the dead. Oh and a 1600cc lump so I drove it everywhere sideways. :)

Totally bonkers about dubs. Only air cooled mind. Although i do like some liquid cooled. Do bugjam every year all weekend. Had my stag do there few years back. Also do loads of other day shows.

Something very special about a classic dub. No one will ever get that again.

Like slammed stuff myself like rat look too. The ultimate has to be the ballz bus.

0002307e.jpg

photo-1.jpg

SC20120611-222703.png

SC20120611-222335.png

SC20120611-222450.png

what you can't see is the SRT10 Dodge viper engine behind the cab!!!

SC20120611-222405.png

SC20120611-222644.png

Sorry can't help it!!!!

Totally bonkers about dubs. Only air cooled mind. Although i do like some liquid cooled. Do bugjam every year all weekend. Had my stag do there few years back. Also do loads of other day shows.

Something very special about a classic dub. No one will ever get that again.

Like slammed stuff myself like rat look too. The ultimate has to be the ballz bus.

Sorry can't help it!!!!

I understand fully Bazzab, keep taking the meds or we'll have to call you a Slambulance. I do lowered but I struggle with narrowed beam though. Bet you have a purv over the bus barns vehicles for sale. They do a wonderful line in rat.

Edited by ack-ack

I suppose I'm getting old but I do not get this thing about the 18" plus rims with skinny tyres if you hit a stone or bump a curb the rim gets smashed give me a nice size tyre with a bit of give in it also much more comfortable to ride in and cheaper tyres.

With you there! My nephew is into all this, slams them on the floor, cuts the axles and welds them back so the wheels are running at about 45 degrees to the road and fits undersize tyres. Has to drive about 10 miles further every day to get home as he beaches it on speed ramps on the normal route, tyres last about 2 weeks (last one blew at 70 on the motorway) and keeps dumping all the oil and having to be towed in cos he smashes sumps regularly. Gets stopped by the cops weekly for dodgy numberplates and can't understand why they are persecuting him. The money he has spent could have bought him a really nice motor but he keeps on with these rattly unreliable lumps of **** cos they are 'cool' Weird.

With you there! My nephew is into all this, slams them on the floor, cuts the axles and welds them back so the wheels are running at about 45 degrees to the road and fits undersize tyres. Has to drive about 10 miles further every day to get home as he beaches it on speed ramps on the normal route, tyres last about 2 weeks (last one blew at 70 on the motorway) and keeps dumping all the oil and having to be towed in cos he smashes sumps regularly. Gets stopped by the cops weekly for dodgy numberplates and can't understand why they are persecuting him. The money he has spent could have bought him a really nice motor but he keeps on with these rattly unreliable lumps of **** cos they are 'cool' Weird.

:lol: :lol: There are some truly bonkers rides out there and when I see them I can't help wondering whether they are what they are to just get noticed.

My ideal look is original paint and mechs, dropped a tad to loose the gap in the arches and nice set of vintage unrestored mags on the correct tyres. As soon as mods start compromising the integrity of the vehicle, the quality of the ride or the safety of other road users I can see no point.

PS a big **** off lump pumping out more horses than a french sausage factory doesn't go a miss either :lol:

:lol: :lol: There are some truly bonkers rides out there and when I see them I can't help wondering whether they are what they are to just get noticed.

My ideal look is original paint and mechs, dropped a tad to loose the gap in the arches and nice set of vintage unrestored mags on the correct tyres. As soon as mods start compromising the integrity of the vehicle, the quality of the ride or the safety of other road users I can see no point.

PS a big **** off lump pumping out more horses than a french sausage factory doesn't go a miss either :lol:

The coolest VW I ever saw was a Beetle with a 911 engine in it, back in the early 80s I guess when they were still quite a common sight on the roads. Looked like a standard powder blue shopping trolley apart from some bigger rear wheels, and caught out quite a few XR3i's at the lights.

Not a big VW fan myself but a nice original Kharmann Ghia is on my fantasy garage list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...