eased in on the have a go stands then plunged straight in on 80 bird practice

little **** shot a 41 :yes::lol:

i think my weekends have just become a tad more expensive

look out LB next PW meet could get embarrassing :good::yes:

Could? It already is :P:D:/

With all this rain people will need to wash their clothes :good:

The boy is gonna spank daddys *** soon :/

LB

My usual clay haunt was shut due to rain, so I tried out a new one - "Orions" near Romford - a nice bunch and friendly.

Anyways, a thoroughly average stab at the sporting by me - I was wasting about 4 shots on each stand to suss out the stand / layout / lead etc.

However, I had my second go ever at DTL and banged 23 out of 25 (with 22 of the 23 dusted on the first shot). No one belived me when I said it was my second / third attempt and how the first ended in disaster (reported else where on here "DTL a tale of woe").

I now know the first attempt was because of an AL391 that didn't fit. As for my current form, it's nothing to do with me, it's all down to my lovely new F3 - the reverse of the bad workman scenario.

Took a trip down to Hepworth Hall SG in deepest darkest Essex, it absolutely hammered down all the way there, the M11 near Stansted was flooded...!!

Got there at 9.30, and lo & behold, it stopped raining and the sun came out.

With excuse No 1 no longer valid, I started shooting the course, 10 stands of 10 targets, and scraped together an 85.

I had a real doomer on the rabbit stand, with a 30 yard left to right slow rabbit crosser and a right to left quartering away, dropping orange standard, missed 5 out of 10, not good..!!

It was one of those rabbits that you literally had to "rifle shoot" by aiming straight at it - if you gave it even half a clay length lead, you missed it in front.

Digweed shot the layout yesterday in the strong wind and posted a 90, which I don't reckon will be good enough, if somebody's on form a 93 / 94 is possible as it's a lot less windy today.

Cat.

shot small 50 birder today

peeing with rain and blowing a gale, still the same for everyone i suppose

shot a 36 which was there abouts given the conditions

there was a sim crossing pair at around 45yrds that no one could get to grips with that i managed to shoot 4/8 which apparently was best of the day :oops::oops:

lad shot 18 which was pleasing but being a fibre only shoot bought some Hull carts which didn't cycle too well through his new gun 28 gramme aswell, where as the Express 24 gramme (plas wad) flew through yesterday may be a case sensitive gun we'll have to see

home by lunchtime and had a nice old mans sleep in the comfy chair :welcomeani: :(

Took a trip down to Hepworth Hall SG in deepest darkest Essex, it absolutely hammered down all the way there, the M11 near Stansted was flooded...!!

Got there at 9.30, and lo & behold, it stopped raining and the sun came out.

With excuse No 1 no longer valid, I started shooting the course, 10 stands of 10 targets, and scraped together an 85.

I had a real doomer on the rabbit stand, with a 30 yard left to right slow rabbit crosser and a right to left quartering away, dropping orange standard, missed 5 out of 10, not good..!!

It was one of those rabbits that you literally had to "rifle shoot" by aiming straight at it - if you gave it even half a clay length lead, you missed it in front.

Digweed shot the layout yesterday in the strong wind and posted a 90, which I don't reckon will be good enough, if somebody's on form a 93 / 94 is possible as it's a lot less windy today.

Cat.

Does Hepworth Hall have a webby?

I really don't understand why more clubs don't have websites if only for a holding page to give the club's name, address, the all important post code, phone number, opening times and brief details of what goes on (sporting, skeet, DTL or what).

In Essex there appear to be lots of ad hoc clubs that open weird times (the last Satuday in the month if it falls on an even day but not if the month has an R in it or it's a full moon which means it then runs on the Saturday but not before noon) sort of thing.

I would like to try a few more local clubs but couldn't be ***** to drive more than 40 mins at a push. Also a webby with details of clubs than run competitions with prizes - I reckon I could bandit win a C class competition, that is unless everyone else in C class is banditing that day :welcomeani:

I really don't understand why more clubs don't have websites if only for a holding page to give the club's name, address, the all important post code, phone number, opening times and brief details of what goes on (sporting, skeet, DTL or what).

This can be usefull at times, if the club doesn't have a site of their own, but none of the small ones are on here:

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/fixtures.cfm

We entered a team into the annual clay shoot at a local estate on Sunday, 4 stands of sporting, quite tricky too.

We ended up second :welcomeani: won a days fishing.

Cheers,

Mark.

Now that's what I am talking about - a testing event and an interesting prize.

Anyone know of any single / team events in the Essex area? I am sure we could rustle up team PWF.

...are you a member of the PWF? **** off, PWF, splitters (ah, the Python).

This can be usefull at times, if the club doesn't have a site of their own, but none of the small ones are on here:

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/fixtures.cfm

Oh yes, ta very much for that. Most useful indeed and added to my favourites now.

Mungler,

There is a team event between Christmas and the New Year (planning ahead) at Lower Lodge in Kent/Sussex way, I have mentioned it on here before.

It is a Pub Team Challenge, 4 man team, 50 bird sporting, the 4 scores are added up and totalled.

it used to be you could entaer as many as you like and the top 4 counted but they have stopped that as it got stupid busy and the queing was mad. Depending on where I end up this Christmas I may well do it with a few mates, so if no one else enters the PW Arms I will.

Mungler,

There is a team event between Christmas and the New Year (planning ahead) at Lower Lodge in Kent/Sussex way, I have mentioned it on here before.

It is a Pub Team Challenge, 4 man team, 50 bird sporting, the 4 scores are added up and totalled.

it used to be you could entaer as many as you like and the top 4 counted but they have stopped that as it got stupid busy and the queing was mad. Depending on where I end up this Christmas I may well do it with a few mates, so if no one else enters the PW Arms I will.

Any webby details. Sounds like a good craic.

Ta very much - I shall pull on a dress and jump in my tardis to get there on time...

I am planning to be over at Braintree SG with MartinCavie on Saturday from 9.00 a.m. onwards. I think Martin wants to handle my weapon and I am more than happy to oblige.

Any one else fancy it - shooting on Saturday that is (handling my weapon would be optional).

P.S. It's a 9 a.m start and 9 a.m means 9 a.m and not turning up at 10.30 a.m with Victorian map, a compass and a car full of excuses.

P.P.S I should add that I am liable to blow it out at short notice as Mrs. Mungler is due to drop our third any day now. She is of course under strict instructions to keep 'em crossed and no trampolining until after Sunday.