wood pigeon calls

shootingdave1

hello fellow shooters

please help me i am new on here and not sure where to post things

my question is, can any one help with pigeon calls,are any of them any good, if so could you please help me decide which one to buy,

i have 10,ooo acres of crop fields and sit on a flight path but most of the birds sit across the field in trees ,when i pack up for the day they seem to fly across past where i have been hiding,

please help

hello fellow shooters

my question is, can any one help with pigeon calls,are any of them any good, if so could you please help me decide which one to buy,

i have 10,ooo acres of crop fields and sit on a flight path but most of the birds sit across the field in trees ,when i pack up for the day they seem to fly across past where i have been hiding,

please help

do not i repeat do not buy a woodpigeon call send me all your money instead .

it,s a load of bo""""ks mate :D

ps welcome to the site :P

hello fellow shooters

please help

welcome to pw dont bother they are **** make a better hide and have a bit of patience they will come trust :P

If you think about it, when have you heard woodpigeons? Only when sat in trees, when they do call, do you see hundreds of them flocking to see whats up? :P

What kind of decoys are you using? How do you organise them? Do you use floaters/bouncers/rotaries/peckers/flappers? Where do you set up your hides? What crops are you setting up over?

Just a few questions, don't be afriad to post nobody will take the mick - will help us to help you put any errors right for you.

Most people have been having a poor time of it of late (apart from topgunners, look out for his posts) because of the heat, and the fact that every single farmer everywhere is combining at the same time so they have loads of food options open to them, so don't feel too bad!

Oh, and welcome! :D

Don't listen to Pin, we will take the mick :P:D:/

The fact that they are going in to the trees rather than your pattern suggests two things.

First, your pattern may be spooking them, second, they have had a cropfull and are going to digest and chill for a while.

Why not go out without the gun and watch when and where they go and build up a picture of their movements.

Then you will have a better idea of where to set up and more importantly when to set up.

Hope this helps.

LB

:welcomeani:

If the pigeons are high up in the trees and you can hear but can't see them I have managed to devise a call to bring them down into airgun range. I roll my tounge and blow through it outwards. It may take a while to master making any sound at all. After you can do this sound you will be able to just copy the pigeons sounds and mimic them very well. I have lost count of the ammount of times that I have had pigeons nearly sit on my head looking for the pigeon making the sounds.

It is unlikely that you will be able to call them into your decoy pattern if shotgunning. :(

Try putting some deeks nearer the edge of the field about 30m out from where the treeline starts where they are sitting in trees. Hopefully the pigeons in the trees will act as decoys to pigeon flying by and that they will also see your decoys and drop by to have a look

Where you have build your hide it may be that they can see you. Often sitting in deep undergrowth is far more effective than a hide this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...