.17hmr new toy

rabbiter

I have an Hmr and never use It :rolleyes: Each time I have taken It out It doesn`t seem very accurate :oops:

Maybe It`s down to the ammo or the weather but I can`t be ar**d messing around with It :no:

Much prefer the .22 rimmy :good: can`t seem to miss with that ;)

Nice how does the thumb hole stock feel, Ive never shot with one? Ive just ordered a walnut thumbhole 1517 anshutz in a 14" barrel. Cant wait to get it

feels very comfortable,gives a more natural feel when you hold it,cracking bit of kit,my very first shot was a 147yard crow,bang on the money,love it...

DAZ

well it aint too bad,you still get a crack from it though,its a known fact that hmr"s are difficult to moderate,but after shooting rabbits sat in a group,they dont run off straight away,always get another shot before they scarper, :lol: im also thinking matching pair when i go to get my .22lr,being drawn towrd a silhouette though...

DAZ

I have an Hmr and never use It :rolleyes: Each time I have taken It out It doesn`t seem very accurate :oops:

Maybe It`s down to the ammo or the weather but I can`t be ar**d messing around with It :no:

Much prefer the .22 rimmy :good: can`t seem to miss with that ;)

.17HMR of any type, make or model will be more accurate than any .22lr in the correct weather conditions & ammo. The wind will cause the 17gr or 20gr bullet to miss its target if its over 10mph and over a great distance. AMMO is very important in your rifle & everyone will sya what they find to be the best BUT what is the best AMMO is the ammo that gets a good group in your rifle. Try a few different makes through your rifle at the same distance and you will find some group better then others as I did and posted my findings on here a while back.

I have the CZ455 Thumb Hole stock and find it a lovely weapon to use and take it out most times. I have fitted mine with the Pulsar N550 which im my opinion shoots well with but perhaps have put it on at the wrong time as the days are lighter for longer "bring back the dark days LOL"

well it aint too bad,you still get a crack from it though,its a known fact that hmr"s are difficult to moderate,but after shooting rabbits sat in a group,they dont run off straight away,always get another shot before they scarper, :lol: im also thinking matching pair when i go to get my .22lr,being drawn towrd a silhouette though...

DAZ

Thats what I thought. :good: I tried the silouette as I was a bit obssesed with finding a light 22rf to walk round with. They are very popular and rightly so, but i personally found it too "whippy" and whilst it was light I found it hard to steady. Tried the heavier varmint with thumbhole and its totally the opposite. Horses for courses I guess, but 455 varmint for me :yes::good: :good:

Nice how does the thumb hole stock feel, Ive never shot with one? Ive just ordered a walnut thumbhole 1517 anshutz in a 14" barrel. Cant wait to get it

i have the annie in the same form youve ordered,cracking tool youll love it

atb dave

well since ive bought this gun,im realising its capabilities and outstanding accuracy,i re zeroed today at 50 yards and was shooting rabbits aiming dead on up to 176 yards with a bonus crow and a pigeon at 132 and 102 yards,im becoming addicted to shooting this rifle,just wish id got it long ago,loving it...

DAZ