Conger on a windy day

docholiday

Had a weeks fishing booked with my friend over the neap tides, plans were that we would be able to reach some of our deeper offshore marks but the weather put paid to that... However yesterday looked like we might be able to make it out so with an early start we set out to go around the needles and get 9 miles out, the river in Lymington was brown with all the rain water, the Solent was coulered and as we rounded the Needles it was quite lumpy in our 21 foot boat, we couldnt get any mackrel so dodged back in the solent, after an hours fishing with just dogfish and a 4 lbs conger, another boat called us and said it had settled a little so we shot back around the needles, and whilst it wasnt calm (see the photo ) we headed to meet the other boat about 5 miles south east of the needles.

Had a good if not bumpy day

12 Bream to 2 lbs

thornback 7 lbs

spotted ray 3 lbs

and my mate had this 23 lbs conger.

now we are back to more wind so who knows when we will get out again, the joys of an English summer

c2c7cfb2.jpg

Had a weeks fishing booked with my friend over the neap tides, plans were that we would be able to reach some of our deeper offshore marks but the weather put paid to that... However yesterday looked like we might be able to make it out so with an early start we set out to go around the needles and get 9 miles out, the river in Lymington was brown with all the rain water, the Solent was coulered and as we rounded the Needles it was quite lumpy in our 21 foot boat, we couldnt get any mackrel so dodged back in the solent, after an hours fishing with just dogfish and a 4 lbs conger, another boat called us and said it had settled a little so we shot back around the needles, and whilst it wasnt calm (see the photo ) we headed to meet the other boat about 5 miles south east of the needles.

Had a good if not bumpy day

12 Bream to 2 lbs

thornback 7 lbs

spotted ray 3 lbs

and my mate had this 23 lbs conger.

now we are back to more wind so who knows when we will get out again, the joys of an English summer

You will need a mega bag of chips with that !!

Mitch & Pippa ( British West Hartlepool ) :good:

c2c7cfb2.jpg