Modified LED lamping torches.

Dave-G

Good work on the cell research Nial, group updated buy thanks.

Dave-G wants 2 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit.

Roughcoat wants 1 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit

Nial wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Group buy total: 4 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit.

I'll have a lens and a spacer please. :good:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have a lens and a spacer please. :good:

That's done mate.

Fisheruk wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Group buy total: 5 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.

That's done mate.

Group buy total: 5 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.

Dave, I'm going to put a link to this in guns and equipment in case any non regular Craft and DIY readers would be interested.

Nial.

I was very interested at the start of this thread thinking that I could get a good light for rabbit shooting for twenty or thirty quid. However as the thread progressed I got more lost everytime a new post went up. You two guys obviously know what you are talking about but unfortunatly I dont. I am not electronically minded which yous obviously are. To cut to the chase would it be possible to buy a fully funcional light from one of you.?. Barring this could one of you post a simple list of parts and simple instructions for making one. I know that is what yous are trying but I still cant understand. Light making for dummies is what I really need :blush: Also instructions on a good cheap spotting lamp would be great. Yous know the fleecing we get going to buy in shops and I think your expertise is something we could all benefir from Finally I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you both for what seems to be a very worthwile thread which no doubt those brighter (pun) than me can benefit from.Thank You.

+1 :good:

hi dave

totally lost on this but very interested,just ordered torch and mount of e-bay so do i now want lens and spacer kit,if so put me down for them,if not please tell me what the hell i want lol

atb dave

Hi Telf, Sorry for the delay, dunno if it was my Pc or this site playing up last night.

It depends if you want to use it as standard, partly modified to do what most would want, or the whole hog for maximum range and what rifle/quarry you are going to use it for. Each range increase option will be brighter at close range. You don't need to go the whole nine yards if using an air rifle for bunnies for example - because it will be too bright at those ranges and bunny will scarper. The lens and spacer kit that ash makes is only needed for seeing quarry clearly if you need to shoot at potential outer HMR ranges.

I don't know how else to explain it TBH, though I do put my hand up about being slightly dyslexic and rambling. In case you skipped through the topic... read the first post + post number 30 and look at Ash's video mate.

I'll hold off adding you to the order till you know what to do - don't forget to get some glue if you propose to use the spacer kit which doesn't keep the LED in it's correct (central) place when it gets hot.

Edited by Dave-G

Hiya Dave-G et al

Please put me down for 1 lens & spacer kit at this time.

Subject to the price outcome it could be 2 - any indicative figure at this time?

Thanks.

L

I don't yet know when Ash will have the new batch of spacers made - or if his regular UK buyer is going to answer my latest message left on his website.

We are into the price area that makes little difference to us how many are ordered - so it's more a case of when and how the buy gets done.

Loki wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Group buy total: 6 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.

Edited by Dave-G

Plus 1 for me please

Cheers Gerry.

Gerry wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Group buy total: 7 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.

A copy and paste reminder of the price breaks for the kits:

P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit

1 - $55 each ($55 total)

2 - $40 each ($80 total)

3 - $ 35 each ($105 total)

4 or more - $33 each ($132 total for 4)

10 or more - $30 each ($300 total for 10)

I'm guessing this won't take off really well until some of us have tried and reported back with our results to encourage others to make the decision to buy.

EDIT: Damm this dyslexia - I have to edit nearly every post I make lol.

Edited by Dave-G

At the moment, you're looking at $33 each (AUD or USD). If the group buys 10 or more then it'll drop to $30 each. Not a big difference in my mind. That price includes standard shipping but I can add on tracking, signatures and express for extra cost.

In this quantity you might as well buy from me. The UK seller will be much cheaper in single quantities but at the moment he only has the lenses. If he decides to carry the kits (and he mentioned that he might recently) then he'll be able to fulfil single orders later. My guess is that he'll charge something like 25-35 GBP but that's only my guess based on the fact that he'd buy from me and then add a bit to the cost for his own effort.

Hi Telf, Sorry for the delay, dunno if it was my Pc or this site playing up last night.

It depends if you want to use it as standard, partly modified to do what most would want, or the whole hog for maximum range and what rifle/quarry you are going to use it for. Each range increase option will be brighter at close range. You don't need to go the whole nine yards if using an air rifle for bunnies for example - because it will be too bright at those ranges and bunny will scarper. The lens and spacer kit that ash makes is only needed for seeing quarry clearly if you need to shoot at potential outer HMR ranges.

I don't know how else to explain it TBH, though I do put my hand up about being slightly dyslexic and rambling. In case you skipped through the topic... read the first post + post number 30 and look at Ash's video mate.

I'll hold off adding you to the order till you know what to do - don't forget to get some glue if you propose to use the spacer kit which doesn't keep the LED in it's correct (central) place when it gets hot.

hi dave

have read through the posts you mentioned, put me down for a lens and spacer kit please

atb dave

Cheers Telf.

Cheers Ash.

By the time we add any potential customs charges, jiffy bag, postage, trip to the post office etc I'm guessing the final non/bare profit price when we reach 10+ will cost about £30, so please consider that as a budget. I'm still hoping someone will take charge of the group buy so that I'm not appearing to be making money out of this thread.

If nobody steps forwards I shall do it. When are you expecting your new batch of spacers in stock please Ash?

Telf wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Group buy total: 8 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.

Edited by Dave-G

Are the p60 lenses and spacers suitable for ultrafire 501b flashlights? And if so what price would they currently be in £'s?

Atb Gary

Hi Gaz, as per my original post, the P60 sets are indeed for the Ultrafire 501b....

(and several other variants of it including Superfire, Surefire etc)

And as per my last post - please consider £30 as the budget for the final delivered to you in the UK price.

In fact, now I know they are in stock and available for shipment now, I'll take a gamble and place a 10+ price order with Ash Monday evening.

The £30 each set is a firm group buy price - individualy re-packed and delivered by first class recorded mail in the UK when I get them. This includes Paypal charges or other reasonable transaction bank costs - do not use the Paypal no charge gift service.

Be advised - I recycle, and this batch will be sent in re-used jiffy bags.

The nitty gritty stuff then:

Any further orders for this batch should be with me before 6PM Monday evening. Please make £30 Paypal payments to my Paypal account, stating your PW log in name and your name and address - in copy and paste format please. If you don't use Paypal then PM me for my address to send via other methods. I'd appreciate the funds over the next few days please.

Finally, I should clarify that whilst I have every reason to assume the ahorton P60 lens and spacers will perform significantly better than the cheaper DX items - I have not tried them myself.

My Paypal addy is: OFFER CLOSED

This address will be removed at 1800 hrs Monday.

Any orders after 1800 hrs, 25/06/2012 will go to another group buy waiting list.

Edited by Teal
Offer closed

Is there a video out there showing these torches and lenses working in the dark, just to see how good the beam is.

Sorry, not that I'm aware of. The results would be unrealistic anyway because cameras require much more light for recording than for just viewing through a monitor or the human eye.

The only feedback from shooters you are likely to get will be over the coming weeks from the guys who have agreed to join this group buy. I can tell you about the cheaper option that is discussed in the original post as follows.

On a clear night using the red Ultrafire LED torch, DX aspheric lens and DX blacked out reflector: I spotted a pair of potential quarry eyes of something 'brownish' at what I later laser ranged at 128 yards. I was unable to decide if what I was looking at was two small rabbits or two partridge (partridge generally remain very closely bunched at night). They were on freshly drilled fine tilth level soil - so it was a case of dark quarry on a similar colour surface. After putting the 4WD headlights on I was able to confirm they were two half grown rabbits, one was partially in front of the other which had complicated a clear view of their profiles. Had they been full grown, further away from each other, on grass, or a tad closer I would probably have been able to identify them with the red LED light.

For this reason I would say the cheaper option is good for almost all a lamper needs to see at 120 yards. I anticipate - but cannot confirm better results with the ahorton items available to us. But for what they cost it has to be worth more than a punt when we consider what we pay for some of our gear.

LOKI - you sent me a PM I think, but I got interupted and lost it somehow - could you resend it please?

Edited by Dave-G

My Paypal addy is: millionaire@skidrow.com

This address will be removed at 1800 hrs Monday.

Any orders after 1800 hrs, 25/06/2012 will go to another group buy waiting list.

This post has been edited by Dave-G: Today, 05:59 AM

Dave payment sent and Iv'e pm'd you. Rob :good:

Edited by roughcoat

just a thought but if I was you I would remove my email address from the post and ask people to find it in your profile maybe where only registered members can see it? :good:

(although for it to be worthwhile you would have to ask roughcoat to edit it out of their reply above).

Thanks Roughcoat for the payment.

Thanks Jamiedenny for the order.

Since there's nothing to stop anyone joining to view my email addy I'll leave it for now in the interests of keeping information readily accessible.

Roughcoat wants 1 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit - payed thank you.

Telf wants 1 P60 aspheric Lens + spacers kit

Jamiedenny wants 1 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kit

Group buy total: 9 P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacers kits.