Speeding.

Muggins.

I got caught speeding about six months ago. Paid the money, did the course. I have no argument with getting caught and have never argued against it.

My question(s) is for those of you that have a car at home and drive a car, van or lorry for work.

Do you find you have differing driving styles between driving your own vehicle to driving your works vehicle? Is your driving of a works vehicle a little more "aggressive" than that of your own vehicle? By "aggressive" i don`t mean roadrage i mean trying to get there a bit quicker if you can type of driving.

Absolutely. At times I drive my work car in a way that I'd never dream of doing in my own car. But then again, my work car has Police written on it.

I know the feeling, trouble is mine is 4.2t and got ambulance written on the side! Still good fun though!

I drive my own car like a granny because I cover around 1000 miles a week having to generally drive considerably faster than most other traffic.

Why would you drive considerably fast than other traffic - are you the p*** that drives up my bumper when I am doing 60 in a 60 limit - I do try to move over for morons when I get the chance.

Dave

Livefast -- Sorry I do try hard to move over when you come up behind me - you know what you are doing - if I have read your post right..

Edited by DSPUK

No, i'm the one that sorts the **** out when that tailgating idiot takes you and any number of vehicles into the central reserve on the motorway network :good:

BTW I can't stand tailgaters

No probs :good: I wish more people would use their mirrors on the motorway!

Edited by Livefast123

When I drove for Warburtons I always tried to drive to the letter of the law and politely,

It was 45' long trailer and had "Warburtons" plastered all down the side with contact numbers and the like,

If you dared to do anything wrong they would ring up and report you, even if it was them in the wrong.

The only time I lost it on the open road was when I was cut up quite badly by a car, I "remonstrated" quite harshly with gestures and horn/lights.

Turned out to be a manager from another bakery, I was approached by my transport manager, told him what really happened and said Im not apologising, never heard anything else about it.

Did lose it in another bakery yard with one of their drivers but he wouldnt get out of his truck and "discuss" it with me though :whistling:

:innocent:

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

When I drove for Warburtons I always tried to drive to the letter of the law and politely,

It was 45' long trailer and had "Warburtons" plastered all down the side with contact numbers and the like,

If you dared to do anything wrong they would ring up and report you, even if it was them in the wrong.

The only time I lost it on the open road was when I was cut up quite badly by a car, I "remonstrated" quite harshly with gestures and horn/lights.

Turned out to be a manager from another bakery, I was approached by my transport manager, told him what really happened and said Im not apologising, never heard anything else about it.

Did lose it in another bakery yard with one of their drivers but he wouldnt get out of his truck and "discuss" it with me though :whistling:

:innocent:

:shaun:

dough rage

I drive unmarked police cars so when on a blue light run or in a pursuit I have to be über über alert and observant to stay safe.

My own car is driven in the most economical way possible unlike red lining the work car everywhere.

It's bad enough in uber marked up BMW's with sound and blues so I take my hat off to driving 'plain clothed' cars. :yp:

I tend to drive a vehicle as its designed to be driven. The Transporters get lugged about and I take in the views, the pocket rockets get driven until I sense they are not enjoying it. I can have fun at 50 on a nice winding road and still be within the bounds of the law. Just had new front boots on the Mk1 so its only right I wear them in :lol:

:lol: "Drive it like its stolen" springs to mind?? :lol:

Years ago I was doing a YTS scheme and the tutor borrowed a mini bus from the office and was told " Treat it like it's your own!"

Next thing you know he pulls away in a cloud of smoke wheel spinning. The lass came running out and stopped him. She rather bemusingly said! " I told you to treat it like your own!"

He just pointed over the car park to a 911 and said!

"See that Car?"

Yes she said!

"Thats mine came his reply" :lol: :lol: :lol: