Anyone else get wound up by this?

wildfowler.250

i try not to let it bother me, like has been mentioned before i'd need therapy if i let other drivers rudeness affect me :lol:

I do have a nasty habit of pulling away a bit too early if this does happen though, the look of shear horror as their wing mirror snaps back is enough to make up for any hurt feelings :good:

I get alot of this when watching wagons reverse onto the road from building sites. I always wait till theres a gap in the traffic, wave out the wagon and there is always some ****(4x4 drivers mostly) flying in a 30, try to squeeze past while the wagon is reversing out. I realise that its a slight delay, 20 seconds tops, but most of them look at you like something theyve stood in! That really boils my ****!

I'm not a driver myself (yet) but what really annoys me is people zooming through our village as if its an unrestricted zone, the speed limit is 30 for a reason and who knows if there might be a young child on their bike or a horse rider or old dear popping to the letter box. It really urks me. And another thing is when those t***s go to overtake you on a bend when you are obeying the speed limit. I usually just utter "yeah, i'll see you bent round a lampost just up the road" it normally calms me down.

So there's my two cents,

Classic one I had a couple of years back, I was leading our Clydesdale horse through the village past a traffic calming chicane, when a ***** in a porsche tried to force his way past the Mrs who was riding her horse, only to be confronted with me and the clydesdale, causing him to stop. The best bit was he had the roof down so the horse stuck his head right into the drivers lap (just shows how close he was). For once I didn't have to say a word, the guy looked petrified!

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to as I've become de-sensitised to rudeness. What does get me absolutely fizzing at the bung hole is when somebody cuts me up and is either oblivious to the fact, or completely brazen. I try and count to ten and stay calm.

Whilst gesturing that they are an onanist of the highest order.

Awwwww I love living in a cul de sac the road before the local school. Coming home at school putting out time, with some indignant woman sitting in her car blocking my driveway and barely acknowledging my subtle hints to get her lardy backside out of my way!!!

If I'm honest, I quite enjoy taking the moral high ground, stepping out of my car and politely asking said cupid stunt to move. Oh and whilst being glared at by all the other plebs sitting blocking the other driveways, extracting a gunship from the boot. Raises some eyebrows..... :lol:

Despite driving over 30,000 miles per year on business I ALWAYS try to be sure that I offer common courtesy to others while driving at least as is possible or practical, but how often do I sit and wait for someone to let me out of the end of our street in a morning - its enough to drive me to say "**** em - all of em" and I'm never letting anyone else out at all!

Edited by Willxx

a couple of years ago on holiday in cornwall, on a narrow lane with high sided hedges i met an oncoming motorist, she sat stationary for a bit, so i then decided to reverse, it was at least 150 yards of winding lane for me to find somewhere to pull in, she then sped past me without any type of thanks, now this does always wind me up - but what made it much much worse, was realising that she was not more than 15 yards from a spot to pull in, i was spitting feathers ! manners cost nothing.

Living in cornwall all my life and using the lanes since i could drive I can now drive backwards as well as I can forwards, I dont even bother waiting to see if they are going to reverse anymore I just do it, its quicker, and yes the worst culprits are the ones in bmws etc and of the fairer sex!

Sorry have to admit I do have bad road rage. People taking the **** or just people being stupid just drives me crazy. A real bad one for me is letting people out of a side road and them just driving on as if it's there right to be aloud out,really really makes me cross.......

Well at least I'm by no means the only one!

I overtook a car not that long ago and did nothing wrong but he took offense to this and sped up and kept his lights on full beam..so on went the fogs till he got the message :angry:

Another one is people driving at 40 in a 60, then staying at 40 going through a 30. If you can't drive faster than 40 anyway, you should definitely be slowing down in a village!

My younger brother tends to lean across the dashboard and eccentrically wave if people drive past without saying thanks :lol:

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to as I've become de-sensitised to rudeness. What does get me absolutely fizzing at the bung hole is when somebody cuts me up and is either oblivious to the fact, or completely brazen. I try and count to ten and stay calm.

Whilst gesturing that they are an onanist of the highest order.

i had something like that happen to me a few years back, dumb *** tried to over take me on a roundabout on the outside lane. of course i had to nigh on stop in the middle of the bloody thing to let them past, only to recieve a few choice hand gestures for my trouble. caught up with them on the dual carriage way, went to over take but i might have pulled in a bit quick, damned blind spot on my van wing mirrors was the problem. i'm sure they sped up as i was passing and i just couldn't see them, maybe they'll think twice before playing silly beggars with big vans in future.