Zeiss Pro stalker trip to Germany

Shotgunspud

Hi all,

I was kindly asked to join the rest of the Zeiss pro stalking team on a field trip to Germany to visit the Zeiss factory, it was aimed to give us a better understanding of what the make up of the bins and scopes & and get to know the rest of the team.

We arrived on the first day to a very warm welcome from the Zeiss team dropped our bags off and of course the odd beer :drinks: sunk !!

We then had a walk around the local town which was overflowing with history shown to us by one of the Zeiss team,, Which was a nice start to get a feel for the place, Then yep more :drinks: which i may add we all drunk like fish :ernyha: and not one of us had a hangover :no: ?? fantastic beer..

post-10973-0-80924400-1340295193.jpg

Next day we spent the morning in the class room being shown the what's and hows off our kit and we managed to get a look at the new up and coming gear scopes bins ETC ETC and it was ... Fantastic... worth the wait boys trust me. Then a look around the factory which no photos where allowed but what a set up and what a privilege it was to see.

post-10973-0-99253400-1340295252.jpg

Then to the indoor cinema for driven Red stag and Boar which was alot of laughs for the whole team. Then after that you got it back out for a beer :drinks: and food which i might add was fantastic and stalking stores till 1am.

Next day saw us finish off the class room bit on scopes, then onto the 300 meter range for a play with the new scopes, all shot very well as you would expect :shoot::lol: :lol: ... again lunch put on for us and then the good bys and back to the air port.

I had a fantastic trip meeting the rest of the team,I have seen them all on FS channel and read about them in Sporting Rifle ETC the odd one on the text and phone! and face to face everyone of them are out of the top braw no big headedness about them just down to earth guys and now all very good friends who I am looking forward to working with over the coming seasons.

post-10973-0-46000700-1340295293.jpg

A big thank you to Mark and John for looking after us all so well and the rest of the Zeiss team.

Thanks for reading

SGS

theres a zombie in the first photo.

Its nay a zombie fella,they only appear in films.Hes actually a blind dude looking for his piano,and he makes a cameo in the 2nd pic too and the poor fella still hasnt found it.I think the Pro Stalkers maybe kept playing tricks on him and moved it when he wasnt looking.Oh,that cant be right as hes blind.There is a possibility thats hes auditioning for the remake of Thunderbirds also,but cant be 100%.

theres a zombie in the first photo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good wee trip by the sounds Alex,and great to see the new kit.Should really of got the Lederhosen on for the group pic though.

No hope there mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its nay a zombie fella,they only appear in films.Hes actually a blind dude looking for his piano,and he makes a cameo in the 2nd pic too and the poor fella still hasnt found it.I think the Pro Stalkers maybe kept playing tricks on him and moved it when he wasnt looking.Oh,that cant be right as hes blind.There is a possibility thats hes auditioning for the remake of Thunderbirds also,but cant be 100%.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you want to hope he is not blind and dont take the **** to much boys as he is the one making your new scopes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zombie in first picture then a bloke playing with "him self" in the other pictures..

you sure Alex this was a visit to Zeiss and not the funny farm mate... :lol: :lol:

great to see Alex thanks for sharing will never see it for real I guess...!!

looks like you had a ball mate.

lee

Seems a bit of a bind really all this pro stalker stuff, first you get forced to go out in all weathers stalking even if you don't feel like it, you get made to use expensive gear when hawke make perfectly adequate scopes for a fraction of the price and now they force you to travel to germany to bore you about even more expensive kit and turn you into an alcoholic in the process, I don't know how you can bare it :rolleyes:

Seriously though sounds like you had fun :good:

Seems a bit of a bind really all this pro stalker stuff, first you get forced to go out in all weathers stalking even if you don't feel like it, you get made to use expensive gear when hawke make perfectly adequate scopes for a fraction of the price and now they force you to travel to germany to bore you about even more expensive kit and turn you into an alcoholic in the process, I don't know how you can bare it :rolleyes:

Seriously though sounds like you had fun :good:

Bang on mate it was hard work putting a smile :lol: :lol: for a stalker it was a trip of dreams.

looks like you boys had a great time over there,was the new hd scopes any better than the victory varipoints been looking in the mags at the new hds but no price yet .by the way spud whos the tit in the blue cheque shrit and shades :yahoo:

Both are good mate not alot in it HD or Victory you will be a happy hunter.

your a lucky man alex thats a great trip buddy and you always have to taste the local beer is just good maners :lol::lol:

did you get a doggy bag full of goodies at the end :lol::lol:

atb talk to you soon andy

Very lucky man mate thanks for your comments.

Out of interest do they have other manufacturers stuff there for comparison?

I know Jaguar (and I imagine many other companies as well)do this.

Not when we where there! but I am sure they do get matched up with one anther! I think if fairness we all know the top 3-4 market leaders and all in there own right are fantastic! But they will all need to step up to keep up with the new HD bins and scope.

Looks like a fantastic trip.....lucky you! :good:

It was mate thank you.

He's in the second pic aswell.

LOL got about bless him.

What a trip,

I never even saw the fox i was at the back talking to mark when the shout came up and yes i would have shot it. they were soft points i the rifles.

All the scopes will be revamped eventually to the schott glass and new ret systems.

The new ballistic turret was a deffo improvement.

We did all drink a little larger and ate very well, some even washed it down with mint tea???

Can i also add a thank you to zeiss UK and germany for their hospitality and making the programme work.

zeiss4.jpg

zeiss11.jpg

zeiss12.jpg

zeiss16.jpg

alex saw nibbles

zeiss15.jpg

studying time

zeiss18.jpg

play time

zeiss28.jpg