Beretta Hinge Pins

Kiv42

Hi all,

Purchased a Beretta S56e with a little bit of slop in the barrels, thinking take the hinge pins (stubs) out swap them left to right, hey presto! Now for the life of me I cant see how the damn things come out.

Any help at all please, most welcome.

Edited by Kiv42

I have never had to do one and will bow to superior knowledge from others.

They presumably press outwards. You would need to protect the outside of the action and place a spacer - larger than the stub pin - over the outside of the stub pin - and turn the vice - pressing them outwards.

The stub pins unscrew with an Allen key. Heat gently with a hair-dryer as they were usually fitted with a screw fixing compound, unscrew and remove. If your barrels are loose, you could swap them over and refit! But only do this once. Refit with a screw fixing compound like 'nut-lock'. hey presto. Just as an aside, you may find them a bit resistant to your wishes, so prepare to give them a grunt!!

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon they are either machined in situ or are a push fit. There's no Allen socket showing on the inner faces, they're solid. Let a gunsmith take a look, there's other ways of tightening a loose gun than replacing the hinge stubs.

Edited by PhilR