Berette 682E X Barrel Selector

Dave T

GMK wouldn't deal unless a gunsmith ordered it (it is a standard fitment for single barrel disciplines)

I'll try Dennis though. If anyone else has got one, I only need to know the screw diameter and I can match it (I reckon about 9BA, but I've got no odd numbers :hmm: )

Thanks anyway

btw utectok - I'd be very worried if I could switch barrels during mount (unless it's with my nose) :/

From the photo it would appear if there was a screw in place it would lock the barrel selector in place, I would say that this has been post production. I have owned a few beretta's have never seen this on any of them or on any beretta's my friends own. Quite odd.

• 4 weeks later...

All,

For anyone interested in the outcome, I discovered the following:

The exact screw required is an M2.5 x 8mm grubscrew - I used a stainless steel variant :good:

Barrel locks like these are common on trap guns :blink:

Edited by Dave T

Might be wrong but that looks like a screw fitted to stop the shooter accidentally switching barrels during mount. This is looks to me as an addition post sale ?

Actually much more likely to be accidentally knocked over whilst pushing the lever across when opening it. :yes: I've had a couple of Beretta guns serrated selector heads filed flat myself to stop this very thing. :yes: The screw option is obviously a trap only solution.